PDA

View Full Version : KRISS KROSS'll make ya.....RIP

sukebanboy
05-02-2013, 06:09 AM
Chris Kelly, known as one half of the 1990s US rap duo Kris Kross, has died at the age of 34 in what police say may have been a drug overdose.

Wonder if they will put his clothes on back-to-front in the casket?

Mark Tolch
05-02-2013, 06:49 AM
Ouch...

Ian Jane
05-02-2013, 09:00 AM
34 is too damn young. I was never a fan, but yeah... this doesn't shock me. That whole 'child star goes bad' cliche is sadly all too common.

sukebanboy
05-02-2013, 09:17 AM
Yeah.....34 is no age to go.......but then again, if it WAS a drug overdose, then maybe it is fair enough.....You take a chance and you take your chances!

Just wondering.....must be pretty soul destroying to be up and flavor-of-the-month, hit album, touring with michael Jackson.....Then the slow fade into relative obscurity....

Mark Tolch
05-02-2013, 10:29 AM
Yeah, it's sad, but really....flavour of the month, money and fame, party party party, and you're nobody again at 18....drug overdose 16 years after the fact. I dunno, I'm not too broken up about it.

Scott
05-02-2013, 11:15 AM
:(

Saw this and it kinda fucked me up. I'm 34. damn. Really too bad.

sukebanboy
05-03-2013, 12:10 AM
Yeah, it's sad, but really....flavour of the month, money and fame, party party party, and you're nobody again at 18....drug overdose 16 years after the fact. I dunno, I'm not too broken up about it.

This is the truth....in a nutshell:biggrin:

47lab
05-03-2013, 12:44 AM
ok, I was totally confused. I thought these were the guys who appeared in the movie, House Party but apparently not. :dunno:

sukebanboy
05-03-2013, 01:23 AM
ok, I was totally confused. I thought these were the guys who appeared in the movie, House Party but apparently not. :dunno:

C'mon man....they were KID N PLAY!!!

http://sprocketink.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/kid-n-play.jpg

Nolando
05-03-2013, 06:16 PM
Well, they do all look alike...

Mark Tolch
05-03-2013, 06:28 PM
Well, they do all look alike...

Oh, Nolando.....

sukebanboy
05-13-2013, 08:59 AM
Wonder if they will put his clothes on back-to-front in the casket

In case anyone else was wondering, no they didnt!!:nono:

sukebanboy
07-02-2013, 08:23 AM
How.....banal...........

http://music.yahoo.com/news/ga-medical-official-rapper-died-drug-overdose-222430113.html

A toxicology screening revealed that Kelly, 34, had a mixture of drugs in his system when he was pronounced dead on May 1

his mother told investigators her son used cocaine and heroin the night before he died and had a history of drug abuse.

Scott
07-02-2013, 08:48 PM
I watched the BET awards Sunday night with my wife and they had a short memorial for Chris Kelly and Jim Kelly. It was classy, unlike most of the comments read on internet message boards.

Scott
07-04-2013, 09:09 PM
I guess I was in the 5th or 6th grade when Kriss Kross came out. I remember one day when our entire class wore our pants backwards and we laughed and thought we were the funniest thing ever, much to the bemusement of our teacher I'm sure. Like when the kids in A CHRISTMAS STORY all wear the fake buck teeth and can hardly contain themselves. Kriss Kross tapped into that.

Not saying I was or am currently a fan but I'd be lying if I said they didn't have some kind of effect on me and my peers.

JUMP was alright but I was bigger fan of I MISSED THE BUS, especially the awesome horror movie inspired music video. Watch it below and tell me it doesn't put a smile on your face, or that you still think because someone did drugs they deserve to die. Or deserve any scorn.

Years later in college when I was really into Ska music the band Skankin' Pickle released their own version of I MISSED THE BUS. It's a totally different song but completely inspired by the original Kriss Kross track. I posted it below as a comparison piece, and I believe that this one will also put a smile on your face, it's very infectious. The merit of Hip-Hop and Ska music aside, both songs are really fun and I think only the most cynical jerk would find something in either one to complain about. And I'm about as cynical as they come.

When Kriss died these were the two moments I thought of. I don't see the kids I grew up with anymore or any of the friends I had that were into Ska music but I'm guessing in both cases when Kriss passed those were the moments that also came to their minds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Tr8KRqyGJk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9RUVIU7Dpc