PDA

View Full Version : The Silver Ball Museum, Asbury Park, NJ

Ian Jane
07-20-2013, 12:09 PM
I'd brought this up the other day when Paul Casey and I were talking about pinball. So yeah, this place is right on the shore in Asbury Park, which is pretty great.

Check out their site here. (http://silverballmuseum.com/)

If you want close up shots of the art and what not, they have a nice gallery on their site. (http://silverballmuseum.com/gallery)

Definitely worth popping in if you're in the area and dig old pinball machines.

Rad that it's right along the beach.

Pinball!

Ian Jane
07-20-2013, 12:10 PM

And to end, a nice shot of the hot dog man who lives outside and welcomes visitors!

He's putting ketchup on his head because he wants you to eat him.

THE END.

Scott
07-20-2013, 12:31 PM
He looks totally nude!

Rad looking place! I wish I still had my Judge Dredd pinball machine. I probably brought this up on the old board. I was a Wizard Magazine grand prize winner back in the day. I sold it when I was laid off 2 jobs in a row. If I ever get comfortable again I'm gonna try and hunt one down. But I'm sure it will cost a lot more than what I got for it.

Slightly OT - I also owned the Ninja Turtle 4 player arcade game. Around the same I went on eBay and bought a used one for 400 bucks shipped! I had a mini-arcade! The great thing about a lot of those arcade games is the insides are all the same and you can easily swap out the mother board from one game to another. I picked up the 6-player X-Men game board. I eventually sold it to my brother-in-law for a song so that's still in the family but man I really wish I still had my pinball machine. *sigh* *regret*

Mark Tolch
07-20-2013, 02:52 PM
Jealous. Wish I had the room for a Pinball machine. And an arcade game. Friends of mine suddenly started buying them cheaply, and echoed what Scott said about the boards being swappable.

When i was working at the high school, one of the electronics classes had a project trying to restore a 70's KISS pinball machine. Too cool.

That Elton John machine is rad. Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy, but the visual is from his role in Pinball Wizard.

Todd Jordan
07-20-2013, 07:58 PM
Did you play Gorgar?? I spent a lot of paper route money on that game. ME, GOGAR, BEAT YE

Paul Casey
07-21-2013, 12:06 PM
He looks totally nude!

Rad looking place! I wish I still had my Judge Dredd pinball machine. I probably brought this up on the old board. I was a Wizard Magazine grand prize winner back in the day. I sold it when I was laid off 2 jobs in a row. If I ever get comfortable again I'm gonna try and hunt one down. But I'm sure it will cost a lot more than what I got for it.

Slightly OT - I also owned the Ninja Turtle 4 player arcade game. Around the same I went on eBay and bought a used one for 400 bucks shipped! I had a mini-arcade! The great thing about a lot of those arcade games is the insides are all the same and you can easily swap out the mother board from one game to another. I picked up the 6-player X-Men game board. I eventually sold it to my brother-in-law for a song so that's still in the family but man I really wish I still had my pinball machine. *sigh* *regret*

Last Judge Dredd I saw for sale around here went for $2200 or something. Also, with the advent of JAMMA switchers, TMNT and other nice four player cabs are in demand. $400 seems like a reasonable price, but that wouldn't be shipped, unfortunately.

KISS pinball...haha oh man, did you play it? They have one at Pinball Wizard in NH. Such a terrible game. The music is funny, though. Also, funny to have such an old machine (Charlie's Angels) next to a newer, more experimental machine (Revenge From Mars). Did you play RFM? It's one of the most fun pins I've ever played.

Ian Jane
07-21-2013, 06:24 PM
KISS pinball...haha oh man, did you play it? They have one at Pinball Wizard in NH. Such a terrible game. The music is funny, though. Also, funny to have such an old machine (Charlie's Angels) next to a newer, more experimental machine (Revenge From Mars). Did you play RFM? It's one of the most fun pins I've ever played.

Alison played it!

Outside of the Evil Knievel one, I don't remember what I played. I think I had probably had some beers before we went in there.

I want to go back though. But if you go in the summer it'll be completely jammed with Jersey shore people and that will suck. If you go in December like we did, it's way too fucking cold for most people to want to be there, so you can more or less have the place to yourself.

sukebanboy
07-22-2013, 08:47 AM
That place is AMAZING.....Wish we had something similar here...:hmph: