PDA

View Full Version : Exploitation Film homage series

Dom D
05-04-2014, 09:37 AM
Just begun work on a series of photos inspired by sexploitation movies. The idea is to take iconic images and recreate while giving them a spin in some way so we're not just slavishly copying but rather creating something new that recalls the original.

Shot this this afternoon with a friend of ours. I say friend but really more of a work acquintance as this shoot was the most time I've spent with her before. She's not an actress and not really a model but we have a strange relationship whereby when we need someone pretty to come stand around in costume for us she always seems to put her hand up.

Anyway the source of the photo should be pretty obvious. I hope it looks good. Staying up way past my bed time to finish this and I think I've lost all perspective but after a couple hours work I needed to share it and there's no one awake here for me to do that with.

More to come shortly. Image butchered courtesy of Photobucket:

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg298/dankfilms/sad_zps7fe95aa3.jpg (http://s251.photobucket.com/user/dankfilms/media/sad_zps7fe95aa3.jpg.html)

sukebanboy
05-04-2014, 09:43 AM
Nice work Dom....Looks good!

Of course, having a pretty girl barely covering her nakkidness does help convince people!

Looking forward to any more of the series you feel like sharing as time goes on.....I for one will be looking forward to seeing more of what you come up with!!

(PS..How did the baby photo shoot go the other week you mentioned?.....No blood in those pics right???)

Dom D
05-04-2014, 09:48 AM
Baby photos came out alright I think. No blood but lots of tears. It was tough because baby lost the plot 10 minutes into the shoot and at the 10 minute point I'm usually trying to figure out why the image is all black or out of focus and my flashes aren't firing. But mum was happy I think but I don't think I'll do anymore.

sukebanboy
05-04-2014, 09:51 AM
Baby photos came out alright I think. No blood but lots of tears. It was tough because baby lost the plot 10 minutes into the shoot and at the 10 minute point I'm usually trying to figure out why the image is all black or out of focus and my flashes aren't firing. But mum was happy I think but I don't think I'll do anymore.

Haha..not everyone is cut out to work with babies.....but the mothers are usually worse..so at least yours was POLITE!!!:funny:

Ian Jane
05-04-2014, 09:56 AM
Nice. Jess and Soledad would be pleased, I think.

Dom D
05-04-2014, 09:58 AM
Haha..not everyone is cut out to work with babies.....but the mothers are usually worse..so at least yours was POLITE!!!:funny:

Ah, mum was a mate or otherwise I wouldn't have been doing it.

Unrelated but there has to be a better solution than photobucket. Apart from ripping all the resolution from the image it's also desaturated this heavily and has put a wierd slightly darker white halo around the girl. Which is a very odd thing to do.

Dom D
05-07-2014, 11:06 PM
I'm a massive fan of The Frightened Woman.

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg298/dankfilms/sdasfd_zps8a77fb31.jpg (http://s251.photobucket.com/user/dankfilms/media/sdasfd_zps8a77fb31.jpg.html)

Ian Jane
05-08-2014, 10:19 AM
Took me a second to realize that was the same model. Nice job. I like the use of open space on the right offsetting the big sexy KAPOW on the left.

Is it too early for a glass of scotch?

Dom D
05-08-2014, 06:17 PM
I like the use of open space on the right offsetting the big sexy KAPOW on the left.

That sort of happened by accident. The original shots were very tight as my white background is a bit tiny. I intended to photoshop in a bit more breathing room but being slow I didn't realise on set that I wouldn't be able to do that on the right of the image because of the draping fabric. So the left gets all of the dead space which- hey- kind of works.

Took me a second to realize that was the same model.

Excellent but odd model. I've been suffering in photoshop with these images trying to work out why it's so difficult to get a good shot of her when physically she's pretty stunning. Worked it out in the end. Most beautiful people are very symetrical. Oddly she's totally not. The left and right side of her face could just about belong to different people. Works extremely well for her but from everything I've read it shouldn't.

sukebanboy
05-15-2014, 06:17 AM
Also, I guess not everyone is as photogenic as they are pretty in real life.....and vice versa of course!!.....