Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Punk Rock Icon Joe Keithley (D.O.A) with New Book & Tour

Click image for larger version

Name:	9781551523965.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	384314

NOTE: The book is out, you can read our review here!

The punk band D.O.A., established in 1978, is considered one of the founders of hardcore punk, alongside such other seminal groups as Black Flag and Minor Threat. Their raw, melodic sound, which drew comparisons to the Clash and the Ramones, has always been matched by the band's acute political sensibility; known for its uncompromising and outspoken anarchist viewpoints, D.O.A. has been active on behalf of many issues, including anti-racism, anti-globalization, freedom of speech, women's rights, and the environment. Its slogan, “Talk - Action = 0,” refers to the importance of artists and others who need to “walk the walk” when it comes to their politics.

TALK—ACTION = 0 is a full-color, large-format book by lead singer/guitarist Keithley, comprised of vintage photographs, posters, handwritten lyrics, and other various ephemera that offer a visceral glimpse into the hardcore life of one of the hardest-working punk bands in the business.

After more than thirty years, D.O.A. remains as active as ever, touring internationally (including a trip to China, the first punk band to do so) and recording regularly (their thirteenth studio album was released in 2010); their fan base now spans three generations. This large-format book is a sprawling visual history of the group by lead singer/guitarist Keithley—made up of vintage photographs, posters, handwritten lyrics, and other various ephemera—that offers a visceral glimpse into the hardcore life of one of the hardest-working punk bands in the business.

Joe Keithley is the founder of D.O.A. His autobiography, I, Shithead: A Life in Punk, was published by Arsenal in 2003; now in its third printing, it has been translated into French, German, and Italian.

Reviews
    They rock out. They blow the roof off. Some of the best shows I've ever seen in my life were D.O.A. gigs. I've never seen them not be amazing.
    —Henry Rollins (Black Flag)

The proper medicine growing young minds need.
    —Jello Biafra (Dead Kennedys)

Joey Shithead casts a long shadow.
    ―John Doe (X)

They've changed a lot of people's lives.
    ―David Grohl (Nirvana, Foo Fighters)

D.O.A. inspired me and many others with their integrity and musical precision for many years to follow. A true legendary punk band. And pretty good hockey players too ... for Canadians.
    ―Greg Hetson (Circle Jerks)

D.O.A. is a powerful rock band with great punk attitude. JK has always been outspoken and stands up loud and proud for many just causes. Long live DOA!
    ―Randy Bachman (Bachman-Turner Overdrive, The Guess Who)
      Posting comments is disabled.

Latest Articles

Collapse

Working...
    X