• Interviews RSS Feed

by Published on 03-13-2017 08:40 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. People
    Article Preview

For a few months now, Titan Comics has been publishing Peepland, a crime story set in the Times Square of the 1980’s. Co-authors Christa Faust and Gary Phillips took the time to talk to us about what went into writing this series, the inspiration behind much of what we see on the pages and more.

Rock! Shock! Pop!: Christa, the brief biography on your website says that you worked in a Times Square peepshow booth and also as a professional dominatrix. Obviously it’s no coincidence then that Roxy, the heroine in your Peepland series for Titan Comics, works in a peepshow. How many of the elements that are in this series are autobiographical? And what’s
    by Published on 12-12-2016 09:30 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. People
    Article Preview

Todd Sheets has been toiling away in the low budget horror market for decades now. Having risen to prominence during the VHS rental boom years, the man has directed more than forty features since starting his career in the mid-eighties. Todd keeps busy but was gracious enough to take time out of his schedule to talk about his latest films House Of Forbidden Secrets and Dreaming Purple Neon, his legacy in the world of SOV pictures, the filmmaking scene in his native Kansas City and lots more.

Rock! Shock! Pop! - So what made you want to get into filmmaking in the first place? As a kid were there certain movies or directors that inspired you?

by Published on 09-23-2016 08:31 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. People
    Article Preview

German thrash pioneers Sodom are pretty much legendary at this point in their career. They’ve been playing old school thrash metal for over thirty-five. Tom Angelripper has been the man upfront since day one and, along with of Bernd Kost and Markus Freiwald, has recently released their latest album, Decision Day. Tom took the time to talk to us about the new album, the band’s legacy and more!

R!S!P! - Sodom’s latest album is out this month – Decision Day – what’s the significance of the title and what sets this album apart from other Sodom records?

Tom Angelripper - The title track is about the invasion of the allied forces in Normandy, but it is not a concept album about
    by Published on 09-09-2016 08:34 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. People
    Article Preview

Since March of this year, Image Comics has been publishing The Discipline, a series written by Peter Milligan and illustrated by Leandro Fernandez. The story follows a woman named Melissa, unhappy in her marriage, who “falls in lust with a stranger who's an awful lot more than he seems.” Clearly geared towards an adult audience, the book does not hold back on the sex and violence inherent in its story, but it does so with plenty of style and substance.

This October, Image will be releasing a trade paperback edition collecting the first six issues of the book (which make up the first storyline. Milligan and Fernandez were good enough to talk to us about their work on this series, and what the future holds.

Peter Milligan:

R!S!P!: Your latest series, The Discipline published through Image Comics, takes its central character – a Manhattan house wife named Melissa Peake – into some very dark territory.
    by Published on 09-02-2016 10:19 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. People
    Article Preview

AshVs. Evil Dead Season One is out on DVD and Blu-ray now. Ash Vs. Evil Dead Season Two starts soon on Starz. Series’ stars Ray Santiago and Dana DeLorenzo were cool enough to take some time out of their schedules to talk to us about what it’s like working on the series, fan reception, acting alongside the inimitable Bruce Campbell and more! Read on…

Ray Santiago:

RSP - How did you wind up getting the part in Ash Vs. The Evil Dead? Were you familiar with the movies before auditioning for the role?

RS- As a kid I was a huge fan of horror films and Evil Dead2 was one of my favs. I loved movies that combined both genres of horror and comedy, an element of camp like Evil Dead. Another one of my childhood favs was Nightmare On Elm Street. As a kid I pretended to be the guys saving people from ...
    by Published on 01-20-2016 09:34 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. People
    Article Preview

Image Comics recently released the twelfth issue of Spread (read our review here), a very different and fairly shocking written by Justin Jordan and illustrated by Jen Hickman. Justin and Jen were cool enough to take the time to answer a few questions for us about their work, this series and this specifically this issue.

Read on!

Justin Jordan

Rock! Shock! Pop! -There are a lot of survival horror/end times style horror comics on the racks right now and while Spread certainly fits into that genre mold, it’s decidedly different – what do you
    by Published on 06-04-2015 08:51 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. People
    Article Preview

Kurando Mitsutake has made a bit of a name for himself lately, and with Synapse Films releasing his Samurai Avenger: The Blind Wolf and Shout! Factory releasing his Gun Woman, both on Blu-ray, this week – we jumped at the opportunity to pick his brain about projects past, present and future.

R!S!P! - How did you get your start in the film industry?

After I graduated from film school at California Institute of the Arts, I was hired to co-produce supplemental featurettes for Newline Home Video. I worked on BLADE, RUSH HOUR, LOST IN SPACE and CORRUPTER.