Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video-X-Pix Acquires The Films of 'Henry Paris' - Metzger Films To Get Platinum Elite Treatment!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  •  
    Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Video-X-Pix Acquires The Films of 'Henry Paris' - Metzger Films To Get Platinum Elite Treatment!

Video-X-Pix is proud to announce the addition of the first four legendary 'Henry Paris' films to its historic collection of golden age adult films.

Made in the mid 1970s by famed director Radley Metzger using the pseudonym 'Henry Paris', these films are regarded as being among the greatest adult films ever made.

The films, The Private Afternoons of Pamela Mann (1974), Naked Came the Stranger (1975), The Opening of Misty Beethoven (1976), and Barbara Broadcast (1977), will be added to the Video-X-Pix Platinum Elite collection - the industry gold standard for the re-release of classic adult films of the golden era

By partnering with Radley Metzger, Video-X-Pix will release the 'Henry Paris' films in high definition re-mastered form, with a wealth of extras including the first commentaries and interviews that Metzger has done for these films, and a series of material that will shed light on the work of this important ground breaking director.

When asked about the acquisition, Video-X-Pix president Steven Morowitz was very vocal: “We are honored to have been entrusted by Radley Metzger to present these films in their definitive versions. This venture will confirm Video-X-Pix as the pre-eminent company in this market. I am so damn proud of this license deal and partnership with Radley. He is probably the most influential and well known erotic filmmaker of all time, having directed many critically acclaimed features of the 1960s and 70s.

Radley is one of the nicest 'old school' guys I have ever met and each time I meet with him, I like him more and more. So far working with him has been nothing but wonderful.

I have not been happy with the way in which the most recent versions of these films have been released to the public. I have been a huge fan of them for years and I am finally going to get my chance to bring them to the 21st century consumer…. and one of my goals is to focus on the mainstream market: I want Henry Paris to be a household name. Toward that end I have been working with several film historians, critics and even fans to help analyze each of these films in order to properly restore them.

A huge point of discontent on the film forums today is the fans' rejection of original vintage films being cut and re-edited. The fans want to see them uncut, in high-end collector's editions, with HD transfers, many extras including the involvement of the director, cast and crew. My goal is to restore each of these films, bring a new awareness of these jewels and introduce them to a new audience.”

Speaking about the deal today, Radley Metzger expressed his pleasure saying, 'It's exciting to have these titles in the proper hands. I look forward to working closely with Steve during the restoration process'”

The company is also planning public showings of the films and considering striking new 35mm prints for film festivals which will be attended by Radley with appearances by a number of the featured stars. Further details will be announced in 2011.

Started in 2007, the Platinum Elite collection features uncut and re-mastered high definition versions of the films together with a wealth of extras including director and performer commentaries, detailed liner notes, featurettes, and stills from the original production. Currently the Platinum Elite Collection includes Maraschino Cherry (1977), the fifth and final 'Henry Paris' film of the series, as well as, Deep Inside Annie Sprinkle (1981), Blonde Ambition (1981), and The Passions Of Carol (1975).

Video-X-Pix was founded in New York in 1965 and soon became the most successful East Coast producer of sexploitation films; for the next thirty years it was one of the biggest adult film production companies in the world. Now, branded Video-X-Pix, it is considered the most prestigious company for the re-issue of classic adult films.
      Posting comments is disabled.

Latest Articles

Collapse

• Hot Spur (Severin Films) Blu-ray Review
      Ian Jane
      Administrator
      by Ian Jane

Released by: Severin Films
      Released on: April 30th, 2024.
      Director: Lee Frost
      Cast: Joseph Mascolo, Virginia Goodman, John Alderman
      Year: 1969
      Purchase From Amazon

Hot Spur – Movie Review:

Director Lee Frost and Producer Bob Cresse's film, Hot Spur, opens in Texas in 1869 with a scene where a pair of cowboys wanders into a bar where they call over a pretty Mexican waitress and coerce her into dancing for them. She obliges, but
      03-22-2024, 11:53 AM
    • Death Squad (Mondo Macabro) Blu-ray Review
      Ian Jane
      Administrator
      by Ian Jane

Released by: Mondo Macabro
      Released on: April 9th, 2024.
      Director: Max Pecas
      Cast: Thierry de Carbonnières, Jean-Marc Maurel, Denis Karvil, Lillemour Jonsson
      Year: 1985
      Purchase From Amazon

Death Squad – Movie Review:

Also known as Brigade Of Death, French sleaze auteur Max Pecas’ 1985 film, Death Squad, opens with a night time scene outside of Paris in the Bois de Boulogne Forest where cars pass by a small gang of transsexual
      03-22-2024, 11:46 AM
    • Roommates (Quality X) Blu-ray Review
      Ian Jane
      Administrator
      by Ian Jane

Released by: Quality X
      Released on: February 28th, 2024.
      Director: Chuck Vincent
      Cast: Samantha Fox, Vernoica Hart, Kelly Nichols, Jerry Butler, Jamie Gillis
      Year: 1982
      Purchase From Amazon

Roommates – Movie Review:

Directed by Chuck Vincent and released in 1982, Roommates opens with a scene where a young woman named Joan Harmon (Veronica Hart) gets a hotel room with an older man named Ken (Don Peterson, credited as Phil Smith),
      03-15-2024, 01:10 PM
    • Night Of The Blood Monster (Blue Underground) UHD/Blu-ray Review
      Ian Jane
      Administrator
      by Ian Jane

Released by: Blue Underground
      Released on: March 26th, 2024.
      Director: Jess Franco
      Cast: Christopher Lee, Maria Rohm, Dennis Price
      Year: 1970
      Purchase From Amazon

Night Of The Blood Monster – Movie Review:

Directed by Jess Franco, The Bloody Judge (or, Night Of The Blood Monster, as it is going by on this new release from Blue Underground) isn't quite the salacious exercise in Eurotrash you might expect it to be, and while it
      03-15-2024, 01:07 PM
    • Phase IV (Vinegar Syndrome) UHD/Blu-ray Review
      Ian Jane
      Administrator
      by Ian Jane

Released by: Vinegar Syndrome
      Director: Saul Bass
      Cast: Nigel Davenport, Michael Murphy, Lynne Frederick, Alan Gifford, Robert Henderson, Helen Horton
      Year: 1974
      Purchase From Amazon

Phase IV – Movie Review:

Saul Bass’ 1974 sci-fi/thriller Phase IV is an interesting blend of nature run amuck stereotypes and Natural Geographic style nature footage mixed into one delicious cocktail of suspense and
      03-15-2024, 01:02 PM
    • The Bounty Hunter Trilogy (Radiance Films) Blu-ray Review
      Ian Jane
      Administrator
      by Ian Jane

Released by: Radiance Films
      Director: Shigehiro Ozawa, Eiichi Kudo
      Cast: Tomisaburo Wakayama, Minoru Ôki, Arashi Kanjuro, Bin Amatsu, Chiezo Kataoka
      Year: 1969-1972
      Purchase From Amazon

The Bounty Hunter Trilogy – Movie Review:

Radiance Films gathers together the three films in Toie Studios’ Bounty Hunter Trilogy, starring the inimitable Tomisaburo Wakayama. Here’s how the three movies in this
      03-13-2024, 11:30 AM
    Working...
    X