Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Fast Eddie Clarke's FASTWAY To Release Eat Dog Eat On CD 4/10/12

Click image for larger version

Name:	MVD5317A.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	384992

British-based metal band featuring Fast Eddie Clarke (ex-Motorhead) introduces new vocalist Toby Jepson (ex-Little Angels).

MVD AUDIO will be relasing the long awaited FASTWAY album Eat Dog, Eat on April 10 (US). This is the first FASTWAY album in over 20 years.

After the shows of 2007, Fast Eddie Clarke (ex-Motorhead) and Toby Jepson (ex-Little Angels) began casually working on ideas and over time managed to gather enough for a full blown record. Toby took on the role of producer and also played bass and sang all the main vocals. Eddie and Toby were joined on the drums by Matt Eldridge whom has long been Toby's drummer of choice.

The record was created at Chapel Studios with Ewan Davies as the engineer and mixer.

Toby says: "We have collaborated closely on all aspects of the recording, specifically wanting to create a performance based, un-apologetically raw album that was song driven and above all made with passion. This we did, eschewing multi layered, heavily edited recording in favour of the simple 'warts and all' dynamics. I think the results are real. We hope you do to."

Formed in 1983, FASTWAY's self-titled debut album entered the U.K. charts at No. 43 and received very good reviews. One year later, "All Fired Up" was released and was a great success, thanks in no small part to high-profile support tours in the U.S. with SCORPIONS and RUSH. In 1985 "Waiting For The Roar" saw the light of day and was followed by dates with AC/DC on the "Fly On The Wall" tour. In 1986 FASTWAY wrote the soundtrack to the horror movie "Trick Or Treat" starring Ozzy Osbourne and Gene Simmons.

After 1986, FASTWAY released two more studio albums with a different lineup and issued several live and best-of LPs.

Pre-Order Here or check it out now on iTunes with some bonus tracks.

VIDEO: "Making of" at Chapel Studios 2011:

Tracklisting:

Deliver Me
    Fade Out
    Leave the Light On
    Loving Fool
    Dead and Gone
    Sick as a Dog
    Freedom Song
    Who Do You Believe
    Love I Need
    On and On
    Only If You Want It

• Nolando
      Nolando
      Nolando commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll be curious on this. Found it funny that the first version of this band was fronted by a young Dave King who later changed his game and started Flogging Molly. The best part was when FM was on their first tour and they came through PDX my buddy Bill brought his Fastway CD case for King to sign. He saw it and was, I believe, instantly terrified. That turned to some version of disgust as inside that jewel case was a Motorhead CD, too...
    Posting comments is disabled.

Latest Articles

Collapse

Working...
X