• The Miami Connection Is Back!

Indiewire just broke what has to be the best movie news of the week and we would not be doing our duty if we did not pass this along...

"Drafthouse Films has acquired North American rights to the long forgotten '80s martial arts action film "Miami Connection," directed by 9th degree black belt philosopher Grandmaster Y.K. Kim. The film was initially released theatrically back in 1987 but failed to catch on with audiences. It was resurrected some twenty years later when Alamo Drafthouse programmer Zack Carlson purchased a 35mm print for $50 via eBay, and began test screening it as part of the Drafthouse's exploitation series.

"'Miami Connetion' has repeatedly destroyed our audience in a more powerful way than anything else in the 15 years of the theater's existence," Carlson said.

The enthusiastic reception caused Drafthouse Films to take action. The film, which tells the story of a fearless synth rock band who take to the streets of Orlando to rid the city of its criminals, will have its official re-launch screening at this year's New York Asian Film Festival on July 7 with Grandmaster Kim in attendance. It will return to cinemas, home video and debut on digital platforms later this year."

Read our exclusive interview with Mr. Kim here!

Comments 1 Comment
      Alison Jane -
      So are we rescheduling Canada?
  • Recent Article Comments Widget

C.D. Workman

Car Wash

Didn't you see its British ad line? "CAR WASH, the best plotless '70s politically incorrect comedy... Go to last post

C.D. Workman 09-21-2017 03:42 PM
    Lalala76

Erik The Conqueror

I was a bit disappointed with the English audio on this. In fact I had to watch this in Italian,... Go to last post

Lalala76 09-21-2017 01:16 PM
    Mark Tolch

Car Wash

Wow, you are a Car Wash aficionado! Go to last post

Mark Tolch 09-21-2017 12:15 PM
    C.D. Workman

Erik The Conqueror

Now, when are we going to get ESTHER AND THE KING on Blu so I can get rid of my shitty public... Go to last post

C.D. Workman 09-21-2017 12:13 PM
    C.D. Workman

Erik The Conqueror

This is a Bava film I don't particularly like but must own on Blu anyway (because... I must have... Go to last post

C.D. Workman 09-21-2017 12:12 PM