• VCI Releasing Dark Star On Blu-ray In October

From VCI's press release:

John Carpenter and Dan O'Bannon's sci-fi classic comes to Blu-ray at last! This satirical, spaced-out comedy – a brilliant parody of Stanley Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey – follows the scout ship Dark Star, with a crew of very bored and weary astronauts, on a mission to clear all unstable planets -- to enable colonization of the far reaches of the universe. All is well until one of the thinking and talking Exponential Thermosteller bombs threatens to destroy the entire ship and crew!

This new Blu-ray master has been sourced from a 35mm theatrical print and lovingly subjected to an extensive manual frame-by-frame digital restoration. We believe this is the finest presentation ever of this cult classic!

STARRING:
    Brian Narelle (Hubert's Brain, Bingo & Molly)
    Dan O'Bannon (Return of the Living Dead)

Directed by: John Carpenter (Halloween, Escape from New York)
    Written by: Dan O'Bannon (Alien, Total Recall)

83 minutes, Color, 1974, Rated G, English language, 16x9, 1.78:1, PCM audio, Sci-fi

Bonus FEATURES:
    • LET THERE BE LIGHT: THE ODYSSEY OF "DARK STAR" - THE EXTENDED VERSION - Includes clips from a rare student film directed by DAN O'BANNON. Featuring EXCLUSIVE interviews with actors, cast and crew. Also includes an archival interview with John Carpenter, as well as the final interview of Dan O'Bannon. Produced and directed by Daniel Griffith (In HD)
    • Interview with Sci-Fi author Alan Dean Foster (In SD)
    • 3D guide of the DARK STAR ship (in SD)
    • Full-length audio commentary by ‘super-fan’ Andrew Gilchrist
    This article was originally published in forum thread: VCI Releasing Dark Star On Blu-ray In October started by Ian Jane View original post
  • Recent Article Comments Widget

Alison Jane

Mr. Mom

Ha! Which kid? I went to school with Frederick Koehler while he was making this film. I still... Go to last post

Alison Jane 09-23-2017 08:28 AM
    C.D. Workman

Car Wash

Didn't you see its British ad line? "CAR WASH, the best plotless '70s politically incorrect comedy... Go to last post

C.D. Workman 09-21-2017 03:42 PM
    Lalala76

Erik The Conqueror

I was a bit disappointed with the English audio on this. In fact I had to watch this in Italian,... Go to last post

Lalala76 09-21-2017 01:16 PM
    Mark Tolch

Car Wash

Wow, you are a Car Wash aficionado! Go to last post

Mark Tolch 09-21-2017 12:15 PM
    C.D. Workman

Erik The Conqueror

Now, when are we going to get ESTHER AND THE KING on Blu so I can get rid of my shitty public... Go to last post

C.D. Workman 09-21-2017 12:13 PM