Collapse
X
Collapse
  •  
    Nolando

• Clown Fatale, #1

Released by: Dark Horse Comics
    Released on: November 13, 2013

Hot chicks with troubled pasts become circus clowns with attitudes and murderous intent? Sure, why not. I mean, at least it looks good, right?

Four ethnically-diverse females that can kick ass and look hot doing it comprise the core team here: There's Chloe Tucker, the buxom blonde with dreams of Broadway but forced by the economy into clowning; Candy is the very buxom redhead former-prostitute who can't seem to shed her old ways; Tina is the buxom African-American, escaping an abusive romantic relationship; and Aya is the buxom Asian who is apparently insane. After a hard day of clowning around (literally) they all drown the memories of it away with a mix of drugs, booze and stuffed animals.

So when rockabilly kid Wayne Talbot shows up with some muscle work for his powerful father to help problems “go away,” they decide to take him up on it - anything to escape their present situation. The problem, though, is that Wayne confused the girl clowns with the actual muscle in the circus, the Russian knife-throwing acrobats who don't take too kindly to some other group moving in on their action.

The girls manage to murder their drug dealer - the “test” that Wayne gives them - but only after he tries to rape Chloe. Aya then discovers his massive stockpile of weapons so they all load up and prepare themselves to move onto the next job from Wayne, unaware that the Russians have them in their sights.

Playful and goofy with some great artwork from Maurizio Rozenweig and colorist Moreno DiNisio the series seems promising if only for the sheer entertainment value of something rather different than the majority of other titles out there. Writer Victor Gischler does a good job of playing with the sexploitation genre here and it'll be worth watching to see how it plays out.

• Todd Jordan
      Todd Jordan
      Smut is good.
      Todd Jordan commented
      Editing a comment
      That was about how I felt about it too. I dig the Russ Meyer-like chicks, but the writing wasn't on par with the fun artwork.
    Posting comments is disabled.

Latest Articles

Collapse

Working...
X