X
Collapse
  •  
    Nolando

• Kiss Me, Satan! #3

Released by: Dark Horse Comics
    Released on: November 20, 2013

Witches and demons and warlocks, oh my!

The story immediately starts with a showdown between some witches and a bunch of zombies controlled by The Bone Wrangler. It also introduces Barnabus Black who looks to be the main character as he confidently wades into battle, the witches' fire seeming to have no effect on him.

The battle is short-lived but costly as the witches' Mother is mortally wounded, leaving precious little time for her to transfer the Eye of Fates to her successor, Zell, the witch who's acting as narrator for a bit during the opening battle. The gruesome sequence of cutting out the Eye and then transplanting it into Zell proves too much for Liddy, who soon encounters (and quickly falls under the control of) the Wizard, Malcom Drake, who's only goal is to acquire the Eye for himself. The Eye of Fates, apparently, contains all the known history of witches and magic-kind and has been passed down through the generations, gaining and containing all this knowledge. It also allows Zell to see Black for who he apparently is and that is something pretty scary, too. Meanwhile, outside the cabin where this transfer has occurred, Drake commands his hypnotized acolyte Liddy to go in and kill both Black and Zell…

Using some slick, clever and well-detailed artwork by Juan Ferreyra the script moves along at a blistering but easy-to-follow pace, thanks to writer Victor Gischler keeping it simple with engaging characters. The story blends Southern Gothic touches with witchcraft, wizardry and a bit of demonology for good measure and moves along nicely.

Posting comments is disabled.

Latest Articles

Collapse

Working...
    X