Collapse
X
Collapse
  •  
    Nolando

• Kiss Me Satan #4

Released by: Dark Horse Comics
    Released on: December 18, 2013

In Her Demon Lover - this installment's title - the story picks up right where it'd left off in #3, namely that the entranced-Liddy is attempting to kill Barnabas and Zell. But it's soon clear she's no match for the magical shield on Black, disappointing the mage Malcolm who releases Liddy by vaporizing her.

He decides to take things into his own hands but soon finds that Black is stronger than he'd anticipated. Malcolm escapes, giving Barnabas and Zell time to recover and head to Black's safehouse. Meanwhile, Malcolm returns to his benefactor, Cassian, now seeking the mysterious amulet of Black's that seems to be the key to his power.

Back at Black's, he and Zell get time for a sandwich and sex. A post-coital Black gets a visit from a wisecracking cherubim named Jules. The little guy gets a chance to explain the bigger picture to Black, detailing that this assignment was to see which of the witches in his care would be the one to survive, the one they needed. Despite Black's misgivings he becomes clear on the main mission - stopping the demon-seed offspring of Cassian Steele.

Black and Zell know they have to attack Steele at his stronghold but, thankfully, Black's apartment has its own armory. Which is good as - at the cliffhanger - the werewolf mafia has stepped in to try and send Black back to Hell…

Well-paced, fun and chocked full o' action Victor Gischler's story here is plenty entertaining. Juan Ferraya's artwork is also excellent here, all kinetic and swooping and dramatic. It's a series that's only getting better with each issue so I'm looking forward to the concluding next episode.
      Posting comments is disabled.

Latest Articles

Collapse

Working...
    X