X
Collapse
  •  
    Mark Tolch

• The Terminator: Enemy Of My Enemy #3

Released By: Dark Horse Comics
    Release Date: May 14, 2014

The Story:

The last Terminator: Enemy of my Enemy book wasn't much to write home about. Essentially a re-hash of book 1, we once again saw former CIA Agent Farrow Greene taking on an inhuman killing machine intent on getting ahold of scientist Elise Fong...so that she could trade Fong into her employers for what we can only assume is a sizeable fee. Thankfully, book #3 gives us a little more information to keep things interesting, and also mixes things up a bit.

Both Farrow Greene and the Terminator are resting up after last book's battle, with Farrow doping up a friendly lady to take advantage of her apartment and wardrobe, and the Terminator killing off a small workforce to take advantage of their tools, neither one of them the victor from their previous scrap.

Meanwhile, it's revealed that the group who have Elise in their custody are not willing to stop at anything to find out who she's working for and who is after her, even if it means torturing her daughter. Unfortunately for Fong, since she's not able to tell them what they want to know...still largely in the dark, herself...the group seems content to enlist her services as bait for whatever is hunting her down.

After picking up a serious arsenal from a sleazy bar, Greene finds that her change of clothing and hairstyle has not stymied the efforts of the Terminator, which leads to yet ANOTHER battle between the two...in which Greene stupidly comes to the conclusion yet again that her foe is not human...but the outcome leads to a strange negotiation.

While the first and second books of this Terminator series were somewhat dull and reaching, even in Terminator-land, this third one looks like it's the turning point into something a little more interesting, urging me to follow where writer Dan Jolley is going to take the series. Likewise, Jamal Igles illustrations seem to be getting more detailed and colourful as the series goes on, adding to the enjoyment of the books.

The Final Word:

Sliding out from under mediocrity is a great step for the Terminator series. Hopefully, the creators can keep the momentum going.

Posting comments is disabled.

Latest Articles

Collapse

Working...
    X