X
Collapse
  •  
    Mark Tolch

• The Terminator: Enemy Of My Enemy #4

Released By: Dark Horse Comics
    Release Date: July 9, 2014

The Story:

After a somewhat middle-of-the-road start, Dark Horse's Terminator: Enemy Of My Enemy broke ahead of the pack with issue #3, in which we found former CIA agent Farrow Greene negotiating a truce with the robot assassin from the future. Realizing that the seemingly unstoppable killer could clear a path of corpses to her own goal of obtaining scientist Elise Fong, Greene offered to take the Terminator to Fong's captors.

Book 4 finds the two unlikely allies (but the enemy of my enemy...get it?) on a road trip, discussing the things that girls do on such a venture...talking about makeup, boys, how to take hits from large-calibre weapons, and the best way to avoid explosives....when the Terminator reassures her that although they may be on this mission together, he most certainly will kill the crap out of her when they've reached their goal.

However, in the interest of furthering their pursuits, the Terminator directs his awesome annihilation skills towards their mutual enemy, busting into a severely well-guarded compound and taking on some severely under-qualified personnel. But after the Blams, Booms, Blasts, and a series of well placed BuddaBuddaBuddas, Greene and her mechanical ally find themselves outnumbered in the middle of a very unfortunate predicament.

Series Writer Dan Jolley has most definitely followed the upswing in awesome from the last issue of Enemy Of My Enemy, and book 4 is an enjoyable read, with good dialogue and a decently crafted storyline that assures continued readership into book 5. Jamal Igle's artwork is a solid compliment, and seems to be improving as the story carries on.

The Final Word:

A solid entry in this new Terminator series, hopefully Jolley and Igle can keep the momentum going.

Posting comments is disabled.

Latest Articles

Collapse

Working...
    X