X
Collapse
  •  
    Mark Tolch

• The Terminator: Enemy Of My Enemy #5

Released By: Dark Horse Comics
    Release Date: September 3, 2014

The Story:

I'm always happy when a comic series that I'm reading keeps moving on up in terms of quality and story, and the last couple of books of The Terminator: Enemy Of My Enemy are no exception. Starting off immediately in the aftermath of the crazed BUDDABUDDABUDDA-laden raid led by the Terminator and former Agent Farrow Greene, book 5...

Well, wait. It does start off immediately following that raid, but then jumps into a cool sepia-toned flashback that tells the story of Greene when she was an actual current Agent, stationed in Paris the year prior. After quite accidentally botching a mission involving some badass Russians and a double agent, Greene finds herself on the run with the threat that if she's caught, some very nasty things will happen to her.

Flashback to the present, and Greene and the Terminator are laid out on tables, seemingly worse for wear and the scientist known as Elise Fong back in the picture...and all seems lost. But NO! At the last possible moment, Greene and The Man Machine engage in a battle with their human and robot captors....where BUDDABUDDAs and a few BLAMs take place...and the unlikely partners reach a point where a decision has to be made if they'll stay partnered or return to their status of DEADLY ENEMIES.

Honestly, I kind of liked not knowing Greene's back story, as it made her seem a whole lot more badass. What exactly did she do that got her on the Agency hitlist? I wondered. With it spelled out as a bumbling screwup, it paints her as more of an innocent, which isn't as interesting as, say, shooting her boss in the face. Still, Dan Jolley's storyline maintains its arc of interesting while gently foraging into new territory. As has been the case recently, Jamal Igle's artwork is strong and carries the mood well.

The Final Word:

Yeah! BUDDABUDDABUDDA! Another solid entry in this series is a welcome addition. Looking forward to seeing what happens next.

Posting comments is disabled.

Latest Articles

Collapse

Working...
    X