X
Collapse
  •  
    Mark Tolch

• The Terminator: Enemy Of My Enemy #6

Released By: Dark Horse Comics
    Release Date: October 22, 2014

The Story:

Goodnight, sweet killing machine....parting is such sweet sorrow. The last issue of Dark Horse's Terminator: Enemy of my Enemy closes out not with a bang, not with a whimper, but a promise of what might have been. While other limited-run series have overstayed their welcome after the first couple of issues, Enemy of my Enemy took a few missteps early on, but hit its stride...too close to the end.

After freeing Dr. Fong from her captors with the help of the Terminator, former agent Farrow Greene grabs a small plane with the intent of heading out of town to deliver Fong to her employers. While this might not seem like an ideal situation for the good doctor, it's probably better than having her lungs ripped out by a futuristic robot, and so she's obviously thankful. Unfortunately for the ladies, that futuristic robot has stolen a plane of its own and causes a mid-air collision that sends Fong and Greene on a parachute-bound detour.

Taking advantage of the distraction caused by a half a flaming plane crashing into a high school, Greene and Fong attempt to hijack a car while the Terminator makes good on his promise of collateral damage in the pursuit of Greene, taking out any authority figure he sees with maximum carnage. Sadly, there are no BUDDABUDDAs to be seen here.

Realizing that she has left her own path of destruction due to poor life decisions, Greene decides that cutting Fong loose might be the right thing to do, but that will most definitely mean facing the Terminator down one more time.

As was mentioned before, this series had a few missteps, and a little too much redundancy in the beginning in an attempt to establish Greene's slow comprehension of what she was facing. The story did pick up in a big way, becoming downright enjoyable, but the limitation of six issues didn't allow the full potential of the story. Writer Dan Jolley can at least be commended for finishing strongly, with the hope that he'll be allowed to continue the story at another time. Artist Jamal Igle's work in this issue is as commendable as the last few, seemingly also finding his stride with Jolley's.

The Final Word:

A solid effort that could have been much more realized with a few more issues.

Posting comments is disabled.

Latest Articles

Collapse

Working...
    X