•  
    chad
    haha "member"

• The Midnight Ghost Train - Cold Was The Ground

The Midnight Ghost Train - Cold Was The Ground
    Released by: Napalmrecords
    Released on: March 10th, 2015.
    Purchase from Amazon

Hey kid! Yeah you! Do you like Rawk? No, not "rock" like the Poo Fighters or Jack Whitebread I mean Rawk! Hair flying, guitar wailing, drum pounding, beer drinking Rawk! You do? Well I got something to show you.

The Midnight Ghost Train hail from Topeka Kansas by way of Buffalo, and they play a loud, sludgy, stoner blues hybrid style of Rawk, here's a video for BC Trucker:

See? They look exactly like you'd expect them to and rawk just like you'd hope they would.

I'm not sure what they're singing about in most of the songs but they all rawk hard as concrete in the winter... except for The Little Sparrow.

The Little Sparrow feels totally out of place in regards to the rest of the album. It sounds like something you'd hear on a Barry Adamson or Tom Waits album. I know I know, those two don't sound alike either but it's tough to describe a song that's nothing but a snare drum and plucked strings behind a gravelly spoken word piece about not being able to sleep because you have a song that demands to be written and will give you no rest until you give it what it wants. The first time I listened to this album, this song was like a cold slap in the face after the warmth of getting my ass kicked by my new favorite power trio. This is easily my favorite song on the album.

What can I say? This album rawks hard as hell, if The Midnight Ghost Train rolls through your town, do yourself a favor and climb aboard

Posting comments is disabled.

Latest Articles

Collapse

Working...
    X