Collapse
  •  
    chad
    haha "member"

• The Battery Electric - The Heart and The Thrill

Released by: Little Dickman Records
    Released on: March 10th, 2015.
    Purchase From Little Dickman Records

A couple of weeks ago I was bitching about how I just can't click with a lot of rock'n'roll lately, I didn't know if it was just me getting old or most bands being shit nowadays. So when Ian asked me if I wanted to review the new Battery Electric album (their third, following Weaving Spiders and Deadman's Trunk) and I saw they'd played with The Dictators, The Supersuckers and The Detroit Cobras, well I knew this was gonna be my cup of gasoline!

So, The Battery Electric (made up of Ron Santee on vocals/drums, Brent Bergholm on guitars, Alex Rosen on bass and Kevin "danger" Troeller on drums) started in 2012 in Asbury Park (Home of Brooooce) cause three friends wanted to just make some back to basics beer drinking Rawk! I've listened to the album a few times now and the first thing that comes to mind is they wouldn't sound of out place on one of those Gearhead samplers that were loaded up with killer Scandinavian bands like The Hellacopters, The Backyard Babies or The Flaming Sideburns. That's a pretty hearty compliment as I love the fuck outta The Hellacopters!

What do they sound like?

That's Ovulator from this new album and it rocks harder than two day old shit! These dudes like to rock and you can tell from that footage, you know that club smells like spilt beer, sweat and stale cigarette smoke..y'know like any good rock club does.

What are their songs about? Their songs are about rockin' out and having a good time....except Snowed In. Snowed In is about the NSA spying on folks and drones flying over us, the name is obviously a bit of word play...get it? I wish these dudes would come through town, I'd go see them in a heartbeat.

I'm gonna give this five devil horns outta five

Check out the band's Facebook page here.

Here's another live track from a recent Asbury Park home town show!

Posting comments is disabled.

Latest Articles

Collapse

Working...
    X