Administrator

• Sex Criminals #11

Sex Criminals #11
    Released by: Image Comics
    Released on: July 29th, 2015.
    Written by: Matt Fraction
    Illustrated by: Chip Zdarsky
    Purchase From Amazon

After a bit of a break, Fraction and Zdarsky are back with the latest issue of Sex Criminals, a series everyone in the universe aged eighteen and over should be reading. A quick recap? Suzie and Jon stop time when they cum - they figured they were the only ones who could do this but they were wrong so when they tried to pull off some Robin Hood action after some particularly good sex, they got in trouble.

This one starts off with 'The Orderly' - he's a regular middle aged guy who takes care of his elderly mother. She needs his help and he's happy to give it to her. It's what he does for a living, helping the elderly. On this particular day, however, he's reminded himself with post-it notes that it's June 24th. When he remembers this he pulls off the highway on his way to work and stops at an Asian supermarket, heads inside and leaves with a box. From there? He heads to David Bowie's Golden Years Retirement Home 'where the elderly are our heroes' to start his shift. After work he heads home, puts his mother to bed, undresses and opens up that box. He's got some alone time now and gets to work…

Or so we think. Cut to Jon and Suzie and Kincaid are sorting through files on a laptop, files that they swiped from Myrtle Spurge that contain information on others like them. Meanwhile, Myrtle is giving head to The Doctor. They finish up and he wants to know why her husband just messaged her and she wants to read his case files. At the same time, Robert Rainbow and Rachelle are figuring out where the physical side of their relationship should be. Or not.

But back to Suzie and Jon and Kincaid. Our heroes get the boot from her office once they confess how they bankroll their exploits so they head off to Miami without her to start tracking down others like them. Starting with Douglas D. Douglas, the orderly.

This issue has a weird ending, then a letters section that's as awesome and hilarious as the letters columns that have preceded it in this series, and then a little surprise after that that continues the weird ending that you thought was the original ending but which wasn't the original ending at all. But if you've been reading the series up to this point, you know that weird endings (sometime happy, sometimes not so happy) are part and parcel with Sex Criminals. This might be weirder than average though. I guess we'll find out where it goes from here in the next issue as there's a bit of a cliffhanger thing going on here. If the last issue resolved some stuff, this latest one opens more doors, provides more possibilities and depicts more blowjobs than ever before thanks to the newly introduced characters.

The writing is funny and clever and dirty and funny and dirty. But again, the character development in the book comes first. Despite the fact that Jon and Suzie aren't always the focus here there are little bits, mostly provided by Suzie's internal narration, that do elaborate on their relationship. In fact, all the sex scenes in the book are really about the relationships that exist or are developing between the different participants. They're not just there for shock value or to be sensationalist, they would seem to have a larger purpose. So good job, Mr. Fraction, for keeping the bar raised high and continuing to meet it.

Zdarsky's art is as weird and wild and wonderful as ever. Great use of color is a big part of what makes this series look as cool as it does and once the action moves to Miami, we get some neat experimentation with neons and bright primary hues that contrast with the opening segment involving the orderly and his rather drab, pedestrian lifestyle. At least in the real world. His 'Cumworld' lifestyle is a different story but let's not go there right now.

• Todd Jordan
      Todd Jordan
      Smut is good.
      Todd Jordan commented
      Editing a comment
      I let this one slide in my reading pile a number of issues back and need to catch up. Your write up has made me want to sit and have a binge session because I want to know what the weird ending is all about. Do you know if this is a finite series? I tend to enjoy those types the best.

• Ian Jane
      Ian Jane
      Administrator
      Ian Jane commented
      Editing a comment
      It's ongoing so far as I know. And yeah, the ending.... haha. No spoilers, but damn.
    Posting comments is disabled.

Latest Articles

Collapse

Working...
X