Hy-Test: Dishing Out The Good Times

Collapse
X
Collapse
  •  
    chad
    haha "member"

• HyTest: Dishing Out The Good Times

Next up from Boogie's Batch of Blasters looks like something a bit more up my alley

Click image for larger version

Name:	HytestDishing.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	383608

HyTest
    Dishing Out The Good Times

I have no clue who the fuck any of these bands Ian sent me are so I decided to do some research on HyTest before spinning the disc and found a couple of things that sent up the right kinda flags

1. They're Australian, Australia is a magical land that has spawned many many excellent bands from The Easybeats to The Oooga Boogas

2. Influences include Kyuss, Black Flag, The Ramones, The Dwarves, The MC5 and The Stooges...there is nothing about that list that doesn't not appeal to me

3. The cd looked like a pizza, I love pizza

Bearing all of that in mind, I fired the fucker up

This album brings to mind a Go-Kart Records sampler I bought back in the day, I don't know why but this album makes me want to be 17 again with a skateboard in hand and not a care in the world. The guitars veer between crunchy and high-octane, I catch traces of Chuck Berry and QOTSA with a whiff of Motorhead thrown in for good measure. The songs are all crazy uptempo, save for track 4 which is more of a slow burn which is totally cool. As I get further into the album, I can sit here with my eyes closed and picture being in a cramped sweaty club with a couple hundred other knuckleheads screaming out the words to all these songs, banging my head and grinning like a maniac who forgot his medicine. That's really the highest fucking praise I can give an album. I think I just found a new band to fall in love with :D

Take Ya Money sounds like an amazing lost Bon era Acca Dacca song

Crapper or Keeper:
    Keeper fergoddamnsure!

Should appeal to:
    Fans of Ironboss, Honky, The Dwarves, The Ramones, The Cosmic Psychos, Electric Frankenstein and REO Speedealer
      Posting comments is disabled.

Latest Articles

Collapse

Working...
    X