•  
    Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Fucking Invincible - I Hate Myself And Want You To Die

Fucking Invincible - I Hate Myself And Want You To Die
    Released by: Atomic Action! Records
    Released on: December 18th, 2015.
    Purchase From Atomic Action!

Hailing from Providence, Rhode Island-based, Fucking Invincible's latest offering is the I Hate Myself And Want You To Die EP, out later this month from Atomic Action! Records. How does it sound? Well, eight songs, seven minutes. That ought to tell you something right there. Comprised of band members Alexis Marshall, Brian Mullen III, George Radford, Jim Connolly and Ryan Pitz, these guys don't mess around.

The EP opens with Cross Un-Cross, forty-seven seconds of sludgy hardcore, it's muddy and dirty and then twenty-five seconds in it blasts you in the face with serious speedcore before getting sludgy again. That back and forth style is pushed aside from Conflict Recital, which is seventy-four seconds of hardcore power violence style blasting. Under The Sun is even faster, crazier, more intense and at six seconds shy of a full minute in length, it's decidedly to the point but it goes into breakdown mode as it finishes, which you don't really see coming.

Ditched is an even thirty seconds and it's just flat out speed-infused hardcore played as fast as you can imagine. It's also over before you realize it's really started, while Feeder, another fifty-four second track, starts off with some feedback before offering up a slow, chunky bassline that leads into a drudgier, heavier, doomier style of playing. Like the opener, this one goes back and forth between styles pretty effectively. Like A Child is the longest track on the EP at eighty-one seconds in length. It's fast, heavy, nasty and just all over the place in terms of style and sound making for an appreciably unpredictable listen. The recording finishes up with No Exit at thirty-five seconds in length and then Get It Wrong, a forty-two second finale. Both tracks offer the same insane speedcore/power violence/hardcore sounds that the first five tracks on the record laid down.

There's not a huge variation here but if fast and powerful hardcore is your thing, odds are pretty good you're going to get into this. It's too fast to be anthemic the way something like Agnostic Front can be in terms of hardcore sounds, but it's unrelenting in its intensity and produced well enough that you find yourself frequently impressed with the playing and the vocals in equal measure.

And check out this live set from the band shot earlier this year!

Posting comments is disabled.

Latest Articles

Collapse

Working...
    X