Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fat Wreck Chord's 1st Releases 0f 2011 - Me First & The Gimme Gimmes, Cobra Skulls, Tour Dates And More!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  •  
    Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Fat Wreck Chord's 1st Releases 0f 2011 - Me First & The Gimme Gimmes, Cobra Skulls, Tour Dates And More!

The preorder is live for the first two Fat records of 2011: Cobra Skulls' new EP Bringing the War Home and Old Man Markley's debut full length Guts n' Teeth. Release date for both is January 18th and will be available on CD, LP and digital. To celebrate, we've got a brand new track from Old Man Markley called “Guts n' Teeth” and you can download it here. Don't miss the Cobra Skulls and Old Man Markley live; they'll join NOFX on tour starting January 20th. View the dates here!

1/18/11 OLD MAN MARKLEY Guts n' Teeth CD/LP
    1/18/11 Cobra Skulls Bringing the War Home EP
    2/1/11 Me First and the Gimme Gimmes Go Down Under EP
    2/15/11 CHIXDIGGIT Safeways Here We Come CD/LP
    3/15/11 Screeching Weasel First World Manifesto CD/LP

Me First and the Gimme Gimmes, Go Down Under EP out February 1st!

Me First and the Gimme Gimmesare releasing a five song EP smartly titled Go Down Under. This five song EP features a bevy of covers from famed Aussies INXS, Olivia Newton-John and Air Supply to name a few. The EP will be available digitally, on CD, and double 7" with a street date of February 1st. Check out the cover art, track listing, and tour dates below. Stay tuned as we'll make a new track available for your listening pleasure soon.

1: Never Tear Us Apart
    2: All Out of Love
    3: Friday on My Mind
    4: Have You Never Been Mellow
    5: I've Done Everything For You

Chixdiggit!, Safeways Here We Come out February 15th, 2011!

Sweeter than maple syrup and at times more mysterious than Ogopogo, Canada's finest pop-punk export, CHIXDIGGIT!, are back with their latest masterpiece, a 7-song EP called Safeways Here We Come. Even though it's been 6 long years since their last record, don't expect any curveballs; this is classic CHIXDIGGIT! They'll be hitting the road this spring, including a show at Screeching Weasel's 25th Anniversary weekend in Chicago.

Screeching Weasel, First World Manifesto out March 15th + tour plans and rereleases of back catalogue!

We are thrilled to announce that Fat will be releasing the first new Screeching Weaselrecord in 11 years! It is titled First World Manifesto and will be out on March 15th. Check out what Ben Weasel had to say about the record and a few other things below.

We're almost done with vocals on the new Screeching Weasel album so it's as good a time as any to give you the lowdown.

I had a ton of songs lying around that I'd written in the past decade but never recorded. A heck of a lot of them were top-notch jingles that would've been perfect for aScreeching Weasel album, had Screeching Weasel actually existed at that point. We didn't, so they were relegated to the old tape pile and mostly forgotten. WhenScreeching Weasel got back together for the 11th time, I started polishing up those songs and writing a bunch of new ones. We did a quick demo last summer and sent it off to a couple labels but it was almost a foregone conclusion that if Fat wanted us back we'd be there with bells on. And so it came to pass: Fat Mike texted me the day after we sent the demos saying “Jolly good stuff, mate!” and we were off to the races. Joy to the world!

So we're back in the fold. But coming back after a ten year layoff? Believe me, sports fans, nobody knows better than me what it's like to try to hop back in the saddle after a, uh, “hiatus” and reclaim your former glory, so we've pulled out all the stops on this one. From pure pop-punk ditties like “Baby Talk” and “Frankengirl” to point-and-laugh-at-the-punk-rocker anthems like “Little Big Man” and “Follow Your Leaders,” this is everything you could ask for from the band the humorless twats love to hate and the cultured, refined connoisseurs of quality rock and roll love to love.

The album is titled First World Manifesto and will feature 14 songs. Mike Kennerty is producing and Justin Perkins is engineering at his studio, Mystery Room, and at the Blasthouse here in Madison. The album will be out March 15th on Fat Wreck Chords.

Also being released on Fat starting in 2011 will be the Screeching Weasel, Riverdales and Ben Weasel back catalogs. I don't have a schedule yet for those reissues but I'll give you the heads up when I get it.
    To celebrate our return to Fat we're releasing a limited edition, double LP version of Weaselmania. The Fat elves are only making 1,000 - 300 of those will be on yellow vinyl. It's available today so make haste, get the lead out and hop to it.

And as always we'll be spending an inordinate amount of time in airports in 2011 as we run around playing shows. People always ask if we're touring and I always say no because in my world, “touring” will always mean white-knuckling it down a mountain pass in a snowstorm in a rickety van full of holes, seated way too close to guys I started to hate about a day after hitting the road. So no, we're not doing that anymore. Never say never, but having said that: never. But we are going to keep doing fly-ins and playing any city that wants us. So if you want to see us play somewhere, even in some third world country like Ireland or Canada, make an offer, or have the blokes in charge do it. We've been having a blast playing shows again for the past year and a half and we're looking forward to more of the same in 2011 and beyond!

Banner Pilot
    01/22/11 Fargo, ND at Fargo Theatre w/ Heatbox, Free Energy, The Postelles
    01/28/11 Madison, WI at The Frequency
    01/29/11 Chicago, IL at Beat Kitchen
    05/21/11 Montreal, Canada at Les Foufounes Electriques POUZZA FESTIVAL w/The Queers

Chixdiggit!
    05/28/11 Chicago, IL at Reggie's Rock Club WEASEL FEST w/ Riverdales, Kepi Goulie, Kurt Baker, The Visitors, The Sugar Stems

Cobra Skulls
    01/16/11 Las Vegas, NV at Las Vegas Country Saloon
    01/17/11 Tucson, AZ at Scrappy's w/ Old Man Markley, Dr. Dinosaur
    01/18/11 El Paso, TX at 2nd Floor Gallery M's Lips Lounge
    01/20/11 Dallas, TX at House of Blues w/ NOFX, Bouncing Souls, Old Man Markley, Latch Key Kids
    01/21/11 San Antonio, TX at Backstage Live w/ NOFX, Bouncing Souls, Old Man Markley, Latch Key Kids
    01/22/11 Houston, TX at House of Blues w/ NOFX, Bouncing Souls, Old Man Markley, Latch Key Kids
    01/23/11 Houma, LA at The Boxer & the Barrel w/ Old Man Markley, Jigowatt
    01/24/11 New Orleans, LA at House of Blues w/ NOFX, Bouncing Souls, Old Man Markley
    01/25/11 Jacksonville, FL at Mavericks w/ NOFX, Bouncing Souls, Old Man Markley
    01/27/11 Orlando, FL at House of Blues w/ NOFX, Bouncing Souls, Old Man Markley
    01/28/11 Ft. Lauderdale, FL at Revolution w/ NOFX, Bouncing Souls, Old Man Markley
    01/29/11 Gainesville, FL at 8 Seconds Nightclub and Bar w/ NOFX, Bouncing Souls, Old Man Markley
    01/31/11 Myrtle Beach, SC at House of Blues w/ NOFX, Bouncing Souls, Old Man Markley
    02/01/11 Atlanta, GA at Masquarade w/ NOFX, Bouncing Souls, Old Man Markley
    02/02/11 Nashville, TN at The Muse w/ Old Man Markley *
    02/03/11 Knoxville, TN at Valarium w/ NOFX, Bouncing Souls, Old Man Markley
    02/04/11 Charlotte, NC at The Filmore w/ NOFX, Bouncing Souls, Old Man Markley
    02/05/11 Norfolk, VA at Norva w/ NOFX, Bouncing Souls, Old Man Markley
    02/06/11 Fort Ashby, WV at St. Broseph's Cathedral w/ I Forget, The Christmas Lights, Perfect Future, Dogjaw
    02/07/11 Baltimore, MD at Charm City Art Space
    02/08/11 Philadelphia, PA at The Fire
    02/09/11 Brooklyn, NY at Knitting Factory w/ Dirty Tactics, Jukebox Romantics
    02/10/11 Cleveland, OH at Beachland Tavern
    02/11/11 Hamtramck, MI at Small's
    02/12/11 Chicago, IL at Beat Kitchen
    02/13/11 Saint Louis, MO at Firebird
    02/14/11 Kansas City, MO at Record Bar
    02/16/11 Flagstaff, AZ at Bixey's
    02/17/11 Riverside, CA at Back to the Grind
    02/18/11 Sacramento, CA at Luigi's Fungarden w/ Danny Secretion & The Shitty Ramones, The Croissants, Drastic Actions
    02/19/11 Sparks, NV at The Alley w/ Final Summation, Deadly Gallows, Beercan, Melvin Makes Machine Guns *

Dead To Me
    04/23/11 Meerhout, Belgium at Groezrock Festival
    04/24/11 London, UK at Underworld
    04/25/11 London, UK at BBC Radio Show
    04/26/11 Newcastle, UK at Trillians
    04/27/11 Manchester, UK at Night & Day
    04/28/11 Plymouth, UK at S. U. Illusion
    04/29/11 Derby, UK at The Old Bell
    04/30/11 Swansea, UK at Sin City
    05/01/11 Bristol, UK at The Croft
    05/03/11 Saarbrucken, Germany at Garage
    05/05/11 Bremen, Germany at Treue
    05/06/11 Helsinki, Finland at Travastia
    05/07/11 Copenhagen, Denmark at Loppen Punk and Billy Bash
    05/09/11 Dresden, Germany at Chemiefabrik
    05/12/11 Tilburg, Netherlands at 013
    05/13/11 Essen, Germany at Cafe Nova
    05/14/11 Rouen, France at Le Bateau Ivre
    05/15/11 Arnhem, Netherlands at Willemen

Dillinger Four
    02/04/11 Minneapolis, MN at Triple Rock Social Club w/ Paint It Black, Arms Aloft

Mad Caddies
    02/26/11 Brisbane Qld, Australia at RNA Showgrounds
    02/27/11 Sydney, Australia at Eastern Creek Raceway
    03/04/11 Melbourne Vic, Australia at Showgrounds
    03/05/11 Adelaide, Australia at Bonython Park
    03/07/11 Perth, Australia at Steel Blue Oval

NOFX
    01/20/11 Dallas, TX at House of Blues w/ Bouncing Souls, Cobra Skulls, Old Man Markley, Latch Key Kids
    01/21/11 San Antonio, TX at Backstage Live w/ Bouncing Souls, Cobra Skulls, Old Man Markley, Latch Key Kids
    01/22/11 Houston, TX at House of Blues w/ Bouncing Souls, Cobra Skulls, Old Man Markley, Latch Key Kids
    01/24/11 New Orleans, LA at House of Blues w/ Bouncing Souls, Cobra Skulls, Old Man Markley
    01/25/11 Jacksonville, FL at Mavericks w/ Bouncing Souls, Cobra Skulls, Old Man Markley
    01/27/11 Orlando, FL at House of Blues w/ Bouncing Souls, Cobra Skulls, Old Man Markley
    01/28/11 Ft. Lauderdale, FL at Revolution w/ Bouncing Souls, Cobra Skulls, Old Man Markley
    01/29/11 Gainesville, FL at 8 Seconds Nightclub and Bar w/ Bouncing Souls, Cobra Skulls, Old Man Markley
    01/31/11 Myrtle Beach, SC at House of Blues w/ Bouncing Souls, Cobra Skulls, Old Man Markley
    02/01/11 Atlanta, GA at Masquarade w/ Bouncing Souls, Cobra Skulls, Old Man Markley
    02/03/11 Knoxville, TN at Valarium w/ Bouncing Souls, Cobra Skulls, Old Man Markley
    02/04/11 Charlotte, NC at The Filmore w/ Bouncing Souls, Cobra Skulls, Old Man Markley
    02/05/11 Norfolk, VA at Norva w/ Bouncing Souls, Cobra Skulls, Old Man Markley

Old Man Markley
    01/13/11 Los Angeles, CA at The Echo RECORD RELEASE SHOW
    01/14/11 Pomona, CA at Characters
    01/15/11 San Diego, CA at Eleven
    01/16/11 Tempe, AZ at Yucca Tap Room
    01/17/11 Tucson, AZ at Skrappy's w/ Cobra Skulls, Dr. Dinosaur
    01/18/11 Albuquerque, NM at Launchpad w/ Lucero
    01/20/11 Dallas , TX at Double Wide *NOFX After Party* 11:30pm- $5 (two for one with ticket stub) *
    01/20/11 Dallas, TX at House of Blues w/ NOFX, Bouncing Souls, Cobra Skulls, Latch Key Kids
    01/21/11 San Antonio, TX at Backstage Live w/ NOFX, Bouncing Souls, Cobra Skulls, Latch Key Kids
    01/22/11 Houston, TX at House of Blues w/ NOFX, Bouncing Souls, Cobra Skulls, Latch Key Kids
    01/23/11 Houma, LA at The Boxer & the Barrel w/ Cobra Skulls *
    01/24/11 New Orleans, LA at House of Blues w/ NOFX, Bouncing Souls, Cobra Skulls
    01/25/11 Jacksonville, FL at Mavericks w/ NOFX, Bouncing Souls, Cobra Skulls
    01/26/11 Jupiter, FL at Guana Banas *
    01/27/11 Orlando, FL at House of Blues w/ NOFX, Bouncing Souls, Cobra Skulls
    01/28/11 Ft. Lauderdale, FL at Orginal Fat Cats *NOFX After Party* *
    01/28/11 Ft. Lauderdale, FL at Revolution w/ NOFX, Bouncing Souls, Cobra Skulls
    01/29/11 Gainesville, FL at 8 Seconds Nightclub and Bar w/ NOFX, Bouncing Souls, Cobra Skulls
    01/30/11 New Smyrna, FL at Beachside Tavern *
    01/31/11 Myrtle Beach, SC at House of Blues w/ NOFX, Bouncing Souls, Cobra Skulls
    02/01/11 Atlanta, GA at Masquarade w/ NOFX, Bouncing Souls, Cobra Skulls
    02/02/11 Nashville, TN at The Muse w/ Cobra Skulls *
    02/03/11 Knoxville, TN at Valarium w/ NOFX, Bouncing Souls, Cobra Skulls
    02/04/11 Charlotte, NC at The Filmore w/ NOFX, Bouncing Souls, Cobra Skulls
    02/05/11 Norfolk, VA at Norva w/ NOFX, Bouncing Souls, Cobra Skulls
    02/07/11 Nashville, TN at Foobar Too *
    02/08/11 Memphis, TN at Neil's Music Room *
    02/09/11 Dallas, TX at Double Wide *
    02/10/11 Austin, TX at Red 7 *
    02/19/11 San Francisco, CA at Cafe Du Norde SF Bluegrass and Old Time Fest *

Paint It Black
    02/04/11 Minneapolis, MN at Triple Rock Social Club w/ Dillinger Four, Arms Aloft *
    02/05/11 Chicago, IL at Locked Out w/ Lemuria, Raw Nerve Poison Planet, Boilerman *
    03/04/11 Brooklyn, NY at Death By Audio w/ Punch, Iron Chic, Vaccine, Zombie Dogs *
    03/05/11 Washington , DC at St. Stephen's Church w/ Scremaing Females, Punch, Sick Fix, Slingshot Dakota, Give *
    03/06/11 Philadelphia, PA at First Unitarian Church w/ Screaming Females, Punch, Iron Chic, Give *
    03/18/11 Austin, TX at Shirts For A Cure Showcase FREE SHOW! *

The Real McKenzies
    01/12/11 Dortmund, Germany at Inside *
    01/13/11 Tampere, Finland at Klubi *
    01/14/11 Helsinki, Finland at Tavastia *
    01/15/11 Lutakko, Finland at Jyvaskyla *
    01/17/11 Blackpool, UK at The Blue Room *
    01/18/11 Brighton, UK at Prince Alberts *
    01/19/11 London, UK at Borderline *
    01/21/11 Glasgow, Scotland at The Admiral Bar w/ Roughneck Riot *
    01/22/11 Edinburgh, Scotland at Bannersmans w/ Crashed Out *
    01/23/11 Kirkaldy, Scotland at Windsor *
    01/24/11 Inverness, Scotland at Hootananny *
    01/25/11 Aberdeen, Scotland at Drummonds w/ Roughneck Riot *
    01/26/11 Newcastle, UK at 3 Tuns *
    01/27/11 Manchester, UK at Night and Day Cafe *
    01/28/11 Frankfurt, Germany at Au *
    01/29/11 Sursee, Switzerland at Kulturwerk 118 *
    01/30/11 Stuttgart, Germany at LKA w/ Pennywise *
    01/31/11 St. Gallen, Switzerland at Birreria Acoustic Show *
    02/01/11 Lindau, Germany at Club Vaudeville w/ Pennywise *
    02/02/11 Chur, Switzerland at Palazzo *
    02/03/11 Milano, Italy at Alcatraz w/ Pennywise *
    02/04/11 Bologna, Italy at Estragon w/ Pennywise *
    02/05/11 Innsbruck, Austria at Air and Style *
    02/06/11 Pforzheim, Germany at Bottich *
    02/08/11 Neuss, Germany at Hamtorkrug Acoustic Show *
    02/09/11 Emden, Germany at Tobi's Irish Pub Acoustic Show *
    02/10/11 Munster, Germany at Gleis 22 *
    02/11/11 Leipzig, Germany at Conne Island *
    02/12/11 Potsdam, Germany at Archiv *

Riverdales
    05/28/11 Chicago, IL at Reggie's Rock Club WEASEL FEST w/ Chixdiggit, Kepi Goulie, Kurt Baker, The Visitors, The Sugar Stems

Screeching Weasel
    05/27/11 Chicago, IL at Reggie's Rock Club WEASEL FEST w/ Teenage Bottlerocket, Zatopeks, Shot Baker, Chinese Telephones, Jetty Boys
    05/29/11 Chicago, IL at Reggie's Rock Club WEASEL FEST w/ The Queers, The Manges, The Soviettes, The Steve Adamyk Band

The Soviettes
    05/29/11 Chicago, IL at Reggie's Rock Club WEASEL FEST w/ Screeching Weasel, The Queers, The Manges, The Steve Adamyk Band

Strung Out
    01/30/11 Anaheim, CA at House of Blues w/ Voodoo Glowskulls

Swingin' Utters
    02/05/11 Oakland, CA at The Uptown w/ La Plebe, Complaints

Teenage Bottlerocket
    05/27/11 Chicago, IL at Reggie's Rock Club WEASEL FEST w/ Screeching Weasel, The Zatopeks, Shot Baker, Chinese Telephones, Jetty Boys

• Nolando
      Nolando
      Nolando commented
      Editing a comment
      Uber-psyched for new Screeching Weasel. The Ben Weasel solo stuff's actually pretty good, IMO, so I'm hopeful. The Riverdales' latest, Tarantula, was very solid as well.

• Mark Tolch
      Mark Tolch
      Mark Tolch commented
      Editing a comment
      I had no idea that Chixdiggit were a popular band. I saw them YEARS ago, with Pansy Division in Waterloo.....the singer/guitarist played the show on his knees with a short mic stand.

• Ian Miller
      Ian Miller
      Flattery and foreplay
      Ian Miller commented
      Editing a comment
      I played a Punk Rock Motorcross (Moto-cross?) with Chixdiggit (and Snot, remember them?) back in '94 or '95, great live band, nice guys.
    Posting comments is disabled.

Latest Articles

Collapse

Working...
X