• Gra- Ramsvarta Tankar

Gra - Ramsvarta Tankar
    Released by: Carnal Records
    Released on: March 24h, 2017.
    Purchase From Amazon

Gra, mostly consisting of current/previous members from Dark Funeral and Cursed 13, is a black metal band hailing from Sweden. On this single we have Heljarmadr on vocals, Dimman on drums, Maugrim on guitars, Natt on guitars, and Vediger on bass offering us a solid dose of melodic black metal.

The title track, Ramsvarta Tankar, has a less intense atmosphere than band's last album, Ending (a very good release), which by no means is a bad thing. There are still clearly recognizable aspects, like the riffing and the vocals, however, the production places a greater emphasis on bass this time around which cuts some of the sharpness of the guitar tone. The song has a similar structure to He Who Comes (from Ending), but there is still enough variety to have its own identity.

The second track is a cover of Lord Belial's Osculum Obscenum, which is faithful to the original, though it does take artistic license at the end of the track. I will leave it at that for you to check it out and understand what I mean.

Overall, the single is satisfying, but not spectacular. If you are a fan of Dark Funeral or Dissection, you might dig this.

He Who Comes:

Ramsvarta Tankar teaser:

• Recent Article Comments Widget

Paul L

Slayer, The

Nice review, Ian. I'm fond of this movie and was really pleased with this release :) Go to last post

Paul L 08-21-2017 08:48 AM
    John Bernhard

Good, The Bad And The Ugly, The

Colors look poor to my eye, that yellowy tinge is baked in but good.
    As this is the single most... Go to last post

John Bernhard 08-16-2017 12:57 PM
    AngelGuts

Intrusion

This sounds like a must.

Solid review, Ian. Go to last post

AngelGuts 08-16-2017 10:13 AM