Collapse
  •  
    Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Slave Girls From Beyond Infinity (Full Moon Entertainment) Blu-ray Review

Released by: Full Moon Entertainment
    Released on: May 1st, 2019.
    Director: Ken Dixon
    Cast: Elizabeth Kaitan, Cindy Beal, Don Scribner, Brinke Stevens, Carl Horner
    Year: 1987
    Purchase From Amazon

Slave Girls From Beyond Infinity - Movie Review:

It's The Most Dangerous Game with boobs!

When Ken Dixon's 1987 film for Full Moon opens, scantily clad prisoners Daria (Elizabeth Kaitan) and Tisa (Cindy Beal) manage to bust out of the prison where they're being held and escape in a spaceship. Sadly for them, the ship isn't all that reliable and soon enough they've made a crash landing on a jungle planet where the man who would seem to be its only inhabitant - Zed (Don Scribner) - welcomes the two lovely ladies into his fortress home.

That night, during dinner, the girls meet Rik (Carl Horner) and his sister Shala (Brinke Stevens), two others who have recently crashed on the planet and been taken in by Zed. They know that something isn't quite right with Zed and let the new arrivals know that others from their party have mysteriously disappeared. As it turns out, Zed is a hunter and his trophy room reveals he's got a taste for chasing only the most exotic of kills. From there, alliances are formed and traps are laid and soon enough, the chase is on…

The only Full Moon film to be specifically mentioned by name on the floor of the United States Senate (right wing dingbat Jess Helms brought it up in order to try and get an amendment made to The Cable Act of 1992), Slave Girls From Beyond Infinity is actually pretty harmless cheesecake by modern standards. There is a scene where Zed takes advantage of poor Shala that, obviously, isn't kid friendly and there's a reasonable amount of nudity in the picture but it's hard to take any of it all that seriously - the title alone should make that clear (although slave girls are involved, they never actually go beyond infinity).

At seventy-five-minutes the movie is pretty brisk. There's little suspense here, sadly, as we know very early on where the story is headed, but there's enough fun to be had that it isn't such a big deal. Elizabeth Kaitan, who appeared in scores of B-movies and horror pictures in the eighties and nineties, is probably best known for Silent Night, Deadly Night Part 2 and Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood. She's not the world's greatest actress but she looks really good here and handles the material without any problems. Cindy Beal, who had a small role in My Chauffeur, is also fine. Brinke Stevens doesn't get as much screen time as the other two but she looks great here and delivers a fun turn. Don Scribner makes his feature film debut with this picture and while he's not amazing, he is at least sufficient while Carl Horner, who has done more work in SFX behind the camera than he has acting, is fine if unremarkable as the hero. Really, this is one that you watch for the actresses, rather than for the actors.

Slave Girls From Beyond Infinity - Blu-ray Review:

Slave Girls From Beyond Infinity arrives on Blu-ray from Full Moon in AVC encoded arrives on Blu-ray from Full Moon in AVC encoded 1080p high definition framed at 1.78.1 widescreen on a 25GB disc. While compression isn't great (the feature doesn't even take up 15GBs of space) this does look quite a bit better than the old DVD release. Detail never approaches reference quality but it's not bad at all. There's a bit of minor print damage here and there but colors look really nice here and texture is decent.

The English language Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound mix is a bit flat and forced, so opt instead for the more faithful 2.0 track that's included here. While obviously a lossless option should have been included to take full advantage of the format, the 2.0 track is fine. Dialogue is clear, the track is balanced and clean - no real problems here. There are no alternate language or subtitle options provided.

Extras are slim. Aside from a trailer for the feature and trailers for a few other Full Moon releases (Subspecies 2, Subspecies 3, Castle Freak, Puppet Master III, Vampire Journals, Dark Angel, Trancers 2 and Specters), we get a six-minute tribute to Elizabeth Kaitan that is basically a highlight reel of more risqué footage from the movies she made for Full Moon.

Slave Girls From Beyond Infinity - The Final Word:

Slave Girls From Beyond Infinity wears its low budget on its sleeve and while it isn't particularly original it is at least enjoyably goofy entertainment - the film succeeds by never taking itself too seriously. Full Moon's disc is light on extras and the presentation won't floor you but fans will appreciate the upgrade.

Click on the images below for full sized Slave Girls From Beyond Infinity screen caps!

• Fundi
      Fundi commented
      Editing a comment
      first thing Jesse Helms was a fucking idiot, so if he despised this movie, that means it's probably a masterpiece :) I think I saw this a long time ago the story line sound really familiar. When I get ready to place an Amazon order in a month or so I might throw this one in depending on the price. I am glad to see more odd types of films coming out on blu ray lately. I wish some of this stuff was out on 4K disc, but I sort of feel that 4K is dead, they already have out now 8K TV's and they might just skip 4Km, I hope they don't because I have intentions of buying an 8K TV for hopefully many years, I just bought this 4K TV last year, and it should last many years. But just when I think stuff might come out in 8K, I think about how the TV channels I get with my antenna, are all in like 720P and I think it will be 10 years before TV is even broadcasting in 1080P probably, let along 4K. And the movie theaters here, they have a huge loud thing saying their source is 2K lol, so I mean yeah I think it's a long wait for some kind of 8K disc, if it ever happens, I sort of think it may happen, and then I think those things, and realize it may not happen for 20 years. Brink Stevens boobs though, I would upgrade to 8K for that haha
    Posting comments is disabled.

Latest Articles

Collapse

• Roommates (Quality X) Blu-ray Review
    Ian Jane
    Administrator
    by Ian Jane

Released by: Quality X
    Released on: February 28th, 2024.
    Director: Chuck Vincent
    Cast: Samantha Fox, Vernoica Hart, Kelly Nichols, Jerry Butler, Jamie Gillis
    Year: 1982
    Purchase From Amazon

Roommates – Movie Review:

Directed by Chuck Vincent and released in 1982, Roommates opens with a scene where a young woman named Joan Harmon (Veronica Hart) gets a hotel room with an older man named Ken (Don Peterson, credited as Phil Smith),
    03-15-2024, 01:10 PM
  • The Bounty Hunter Trilogy (Radiance Films) Blu-ray Review
    Ian Jane
    Administrator
    by Ian Jane

Released by: Radiance Films
    Released on: March 26th, 2024.
    Director: Shigehiro Ozawa, Eiichi Kudo
    Cast: Tomisaburo Wakayama, Minoru Ôki, Arashi Kanjuro, Bin Amatsu, Chiezo Kataoka
    Year: 1969-1972
    Purchase From Amazon

The Bounty Hunter Trilogy – Movie Review:

Radiance Films gathers together the three films in Toie Studios’ Bounty Hunter Trilogy, starring the inimitable Tomisaburo Wakayama. Here’s how the three movies in this
    03-13-2024, 11:30 AM
  • Nemesis (MVD Rewind Collection) Blu-ray Review
    Ian Jane
    Administrator
    by Ian Jane

Released by: MVD Rewind Collection
    Released on: January 8th, 2019.
    Director: Albert Pyun
    Cast: Olivier Gruner, Jennifer Gatti, Tim Thomerson
    Year: 1992
    Purchase From Amazon

Nemesis – Movie Review:

Albert Pyun's 1992 film Nemesis takes place in the future of 2027. Here it's common for criminals and cops alike to ‘upgrade' themselves using cybernetic bits and pieces in an effort to make themselves more than human. In this world
    03-13-2024, 11:22 AM
  • Bloodmoon (Severin Films) Blu-ray Review
    Ian Jane
    Administrator
    by Ian Jane

Released by: Severin Films
    Released on: February 1st, 2024.
    Director: Alec Mills
    Cast: Leon Lissek, Christine Amor, Helen Thomson, Ian Williams
    Year: 1990
    Purchase From Amazon

Bloodmoon – Movie Review:

The directorial debut of Alec Mills, the cinematographer on such films as Polanski’s MacBeth and Return Of The Jedi, 1990’s Bloodmoon, a later period slasher film, is set around St. Elizabeth’s, an all-girls Catholic School
    03-07-2024, 03:55 PM
  • The Shining (Scream Factory) Blu-ray Review
    Ian Jane
    Administrator
    by Ian Jane

Released by: Scream Factory
    Released on: March 12th, 2024.
    Director: Mick Garris
    Cast: Steven Weber, Rebecca De Mornay, Melvin Van Peebles, Courtland Mead
    Year: 1997
    Purchase From Amazon

The Shining – Movie Review:

Stephen King somewhat famously didn’t like Stanley Kubrick’s adaptation of his novel, The Shining, so he signed on to work with Director Mick Garris on this three-part TV mini-series take which hit the airwaves
    03-07-2024, 03:50 PM
  • Tenacious D In The Pick Of Destiny (Shout! Factory) Blu-ray Review
    Ian Jane
    Administrator
    by Ian Jane

Released by: Shout! Factory
    Released on: February 13th, 2024.
    Director: Liam Lynch
    Cast: Jack Black, Kyle Gass
    Year: 2006
    Purchase From Amazon

Tenacious D In The Pick Of Destiny – Movie Review:

Tenacious D In The Pick Of Destiny opens with a prologue where we meet a young man named Jables (JB, played by Jack Black) who, despite his strict religious upbringing, only wants to rock n roll. When his father tears down all of his posters
    02-29-2024, 06:17 PM
Working...
X