•  
    Nolando

• Knights of the New Crusade - Knight Vision: Hymns for the Invisible Church

Click image for larger version

Name:	2906213.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	383936

The third and final(?) entry from Bay Area rocking crusaders Knights of the New Crusade allows them to finally embrace the mystery of the Holy Spirit and fill them with enough holy fire to conquer legions of the unsaved.

Knight Vision: Hymns for the Invisible Church is their psychedelic album and with tracks like The Shepherd's Warning, Love - Fear, and He Stands and Knocks At the Door more a mix of spoken word, stream of consciousness tracks they get more punch when interspersed with more straight-ahead messaging found in tracks like Dark Knight of Soul and Tune In, Turn On, Drop Dead. Then throw in the pure trippiness of God Is Not a Mushroom and Abode of Wisdom and you find the Knights at the peak of their spiritual powers, laying down truth and moving beyond the visible world, into the realm of the spirit. They exist to pierce the veil and move us beyond ourselves...

The Knights simply represent the best of ironic parody bands possibly to ever take up the mantle. This album, in addition to their others (My God Is Alive! Sorry About Yours! and A Challenge To the Cowards of Christendom) complete a masterwork of garage rock and Jack Chick-levels of Christian propaganda.

Track listing:

"He Stands And Knocks At The Door"
    "The Lord Dwelleth Not In Temples?"
    "The Shepard's Warning"
    "Dark Knight Of Soul"
    "Love-Fear"
    "Common Wisdom"
    "God Is Not A Mushroom (LSD: Battle Of The Mind)"
    "Tune In, Turn On, Drop Dead"
    "The Fire Of Love: The Highest Santity"
    "Revelation On High"
    "Harrowing Of Hell"
    "Waiting For The Kingdom Of Heaven?"
    "The Strange Exorcist"
    "Baal"
    "Abode Of Wisdom"
    Attached Files

• Roderick
      Roderick
      Butthorn
      Roderick commented
      Editing a comment
      I really dug their second album. I picked this up a while back but haven't listened to it yet.

• Nolando
      Nolando
      Nolando commented
      Editing a comment
      We played with them on their 2nd album tour (in SFO, w/ Jewdriver, met Jello at the show, too) and that's my fave album, I think. But this one grows on me every time I listen to it again...

• Roderick
      Roderick
      Butthorn
      Roderick commented
      Editing a comment
      Very cool! So from your write up I can confirm that their shtick is a put on and not real.
    Posting comments is disabled.

Latest Articles

Collapse

Working...
X