Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever wanted your own G.G. Allin Mask? Now your dream becomes reality!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  •  
    Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Have you ever wanted your own G.G. Allin Mask? Now your dream becomes reality!

G.G. Allin Officially Licensed Limited Edition Latex Masks by SikRik!

Click image for larger version

Name:	GGwebsitefinal001black.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	383938

Latex artist SikRik has completed his G.G. Allin Limited Edition Latex Mask project. Only 35 numbered copies will be produced, and they can be preordered for $89.00 USD at http://www.sikrikmasks.com

"I saw GG while I was living in NYC many years ago," says SikRik. "Truly a brutal front man. I feel I was able to capture his likeness pretty well in this mask. We may create more on a slightly smaller scale, but there will only be 35 made of this size with this detail."

Each Limited Edition mask is handcrafted, casted and painted one at a time by SikRik. They are intended for display purposes; however they can be modified with vision / breathing holes if intended to be worn.

"My goal as an artist has always been to create works that I would want to own myself," says SikRik. "From my earliest memories I have always been fascinated by images and sounds that disturbed many of my peers. I find beauty in the macabre and bizarre. My works are a labor of love. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do."

Currently, Aggronautix is giving their customers a chance to win one of the 35 numbered copies produced. Throughout out the rest of February and all of March, anyone who purchases a throbblehead on Aggronautix.com will be entered in the raffle to win. Two throbblehead purchases will earn two entries, and so on. Aggronautix is pleased to support SikRik's current art, and is looking forward to his future projects.

SIKRIK'S PROCESS:

SikRik's process starts with a vision, some research, and then he either begins sketching or jumps right into the clay. He spends approximately 50-150 hours sculpting the design (depending on the complexity of the piece) in oil based clay. Once the sculpture is complete, he makes a two piece slip mold of the sculpture in a material called ultra cal (it is similar to plaster, but much stronger). Once the mold is constructed, he cleans all of the remaining bits of oil clay from the detail of the mold.

With the mold completed, SikRik has a negative impression in stone that can be strapped together, filled with liquid latex to sit for about an hour and then emptied out. The remaining latex adheres to the detail on the inside of the mold. He allows the latex to dry for approximately 24 hrs under a fan before pulling it from the mold. Next, he trims the flashing and corrects any major imperfections with a paintbrush and liquid latex and or dremel tool. The next four hours are spent airbrushing layers of highlights and lowlights back and forth until he gets the desired effect.

"It usually speaks to me right at the end and says 'stop I'm done'," says SikRik. "The last step is to gloss the eyes. I will never grow tired of this step. This is when they take their first breath."

Click image for larger version

Name:	inventory020711002.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	383939
    Posting comments is disabled.

Latest Articles

Collapse

Working...
X