Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Littlest Hobo

Quote Originally Posted by Newt Cox View Post
    I had never heard of this series until I started watching Trailer Park Boys. Thanks to that show and Robin Bougie I learned about the greatness that is The Littlest Hobo. I just wish Familynet channel still showed an hour of Beachcombers each day.
    This. TLH and BEACHCOMBERS are heeping helpings of entertaining Canadiana!

I want complete runs of both of these shows like, yesterday. It's really too bad CBC isn't more conscious of actually releasing dvd's of their classic shows.

FUCK YEAH!

For years, Canadians have been able to watch episodes of iconic American classics such as "The Mary Tyler Moore Show," "Batman" or "I Love Lucy." But where was Canada's TV heritage? Why was our homegrown fare always, after its initial run, locked away in a vault?

Well, "The Littlest Hobo" has finally been let out of his kennel. After years of development, the Canada Media Fund and Google Canada have teamed to launch encore+, a new YouTube channel giving viewers here and around the world access to decades of Canadian film and TV gold.

"We discovered that there are about 22,000 titles of Canadian content, financed by the public sector, that was not available to the public because it was stuck in analog," said Canada Media Fund CEO Valerie Creighton, who first approached Telefilm's Carolle Brabant with the idea five years ago.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

The Kids in the Hall sketch The Littlest Homo was such a dead-on parody that I can’t watch Littlest Hobo anymore, even if I wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    FUCK YEAH!

For years, Canadians have been able to watch episodes of iconic American classics such as "The Mary Tyler Moore Show," "Batman" or "I Love Lucy." But where was Canada's TV heritage? Why was our homegrown fare always, after its initial run, locked away in a vault?

Well, "The Littlest Hobo" has finally been let out of his kennel. After years of development, the Canada Media Fund and Google Canada have teamed to launch encore+, a new YouTube channel giving viewers here and around the world access to decades of Canadian film and TV gold.

"We discovered that there are about 22,000 titles of Canadian content, financed by the public sector, that was not available to the public because it was stuck in analog," said Canada Media Fund CEO Valerie Creighton, who first approached Telefilm's Carolle Brabant with the idea five years ago.

This is fantastic news Ian, I have two seasons of The Littlest Hobo but always wanted to watch the remaining ones and the company that released those first two season stopped. Wonder what other goodies they have, 22k in titles is a lot

There's a lot of odd stuff up there on their channel. Lots of Degrassi, Mr. Dress Up and other older titles.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH9...zO-sqfh_TLVT7A

Watched 2 episodes of Hobo last night, the quality is pretty nice.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!