Page 8 of 85 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: Random FRANCO Ramblings...

I have the Anchor Bay version, since I've never seen the VIP version for a decent price. How much has been cut?

WillemClaey: 6m 15s.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard--W View Post
    Thanks for your good reply, Apronifoff. Someone sent me a clone of the VIP edition years ago, so I know the film. Now that I'm trying to buy the DVD I haven't been able to find it at a sane price. I might be able to buy the box-set cheaper than the one film individually. I was thinking about getting the Anchor Bay, but you put a stop to that notion.

Richard
    Well, it looks like you can still get it at a reasonable price directly from Ascot. They list the film at 24 euro, and the box at 69 euro.

Unless you aren't interested in the rest of the films in the box, personally I think it's the way to go...unless I'm badly mistaken, the Swiss releases of Portugese Nun, Women in Cellblock 9, Wicked Women, and Barbed Wire Dolls are the only uncut official releases of those films so it ends up being worth the price tag.

IMDB lists a 89-minute director's cut. Was that one ever released? Because my A.B. release is 80 minutes and the VIP version is 86 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by WillemClaeys View Post
    IMDB lists a 89-minute director's cut. Was that one ever released? Because my A.B. release is 80 minutes and the VIP version is 86 minutes.
    I'm pretty sure that's just the PAL speed-up effect, as that's almost exactly a 4% difference. I don't think there's a longer cut out there...

What do you Franco fans think of LUCKY THE INSCRUTABLE? I love EUGENIE...but this film is by far the most fun film of his I've seen. A very light hearted and silly eurospy parody. The word balloons and general pop art feeling make this one that could have been included in that recent article in Video Watchdog on Continental Op (or was it mentioned and I've forgotten?). It's a shame this one isn't available on a nice widescreen dvd. The sequence where they are chasing Beba Loncar across the rooftops while Bruno Nicolai's "Spy Chase" tune plays is everything I love about eurocult. Beba isn't in the film long enough for my tastes but she has a very funny parting line. Rosalba Neri also has a memorable role....yummy. The entire Nicolai score is wonderful btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Apronikoff View Post
    Well, it looks like you can still get it at a reasonable price directly from Ascot. They list the film at 24 euro, and the box at 69 euro.

Unless you aren't interested in the rest of the films in the box, personally I think it's the way to go...unless I'm badly mistaken, the Swiss releases of Portugese Nun, Women in Cellblock 9, Wicked Women, and Barbed Wire Dolls are the only uncut official releases of those films so it ends up being worth the price tag.
    Can you provide a link to Ascot website? I hope it has an English-friendly interface.

I want the box.

Richard

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    Yeah, and for what it's worth, I had a good experience buying from them before. I import buy LOTS of movies, but am always nervous trying out a new seller for the first time. But Ascot responded to my email inquiries quickly and I had no problems with my order.

Thanks for your input, gentlemen.

I have a few Franco discs -- Orloff, Count Dracula and a couple of others.
    I just got paid for a job and I decided to invest in some Franco. Here are the new additions to my Franco collection:

1999 99 Women -- director's cut -- Blue Underground
    1969 Marquies de Sade's Justine -- Blue Underground
    1970 Nightmares Come At Night -- Shriek Show Media Blasters
    1970 She Killed In Ecstasy -- Image
    1971 Devil Came From Akasava -- full screen -- Image
    1972 Daughter of Dracula -- UK Redemption
    1972 Dracula Prisoner of Frankenstein -- Image
    1972 The Rites of Frankenstein -- Spanish theatrical edit -- Image
    1973 Female Vampire - non-horror hard version -- Image $30.
    1973 Sinister Eyes of Dr. Orloff -- Innervision
    1973 Sinner -- Mondo Macabro
    1974 Countess Perverse -- Mondo Macabro
    1974 Lorna the Exorcist -- Mondo Macabro
    1975 Barbed Wire Dolls -- VIP
    1975 Women Behind Bars -- Blue Underground
    1977 Ilsa the Wicked Warden - uncut -- Anchor Bay
    1977 Women In Cell Block 9 -- VIP
    1980 The Devil Hunter -- Severin
    1981 Sadomania -- Blue Underground
    1983 Diamonds of Kilimandjaro -- Shriek Show Media Blasters
    1983 Oasis of the Zombies -- Image Euroshock
    1985 Golden Temple Amazons -- Shriek Show Media Blasters

All on their way. There might be enough money left to get the VIP box and X-Rated Cult's Die Nonnen von Clichy: Le Demones.
    The rest will have to wait until I get paid for the next job.

Richard
    Last edited by Richard--W; 07-05-2012 at 07:20 PM.