Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arrow Releases Black Cats-Martino & Fulci's Your Vice Is A Locked Room/The Black Cat

Arrow Releases Black Cats-Martino & Fulci's Your Vice Is A Locked Room/The Black Cat

NEW UK/US TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT: EDGAR ALLAN POE’S BLACK CATS: TWO ADAPTATIONS BY SERGIO MARTINO & LUCIO FULCI DUAL FORMAT BD & DVD

Two adaptations of the classic Poe story from two of Italy’s finest genre filmmakers.

Pre-order your UK copy here: http://bit.ly/1fnCfOR
    North American pre-orders links should be live soon!

UK Release Date: 12th October 2015
    US Release Date: 13th October 2015
    Region: A/B+1/2

Edgar Allan Poe’s celebrated story The Black Cat has provided the inspiration for numerous films over the years. But few adaptations are as stylish as those offered up by the twin Italian titans of terror, Sergio Martino and Lucio Fulci.

In Martino’s classic giallo Your Vice is a Locked Room and Only I Have the Key, teacher Oliviero (Luigi Pistilli, A Bay of Blood) finds himself under suspicion for murder when one of his students – and mistress – is found brutally murdered. As more bodies start to pile up, the arrival of Oliviero’s attractive niece (Edwige Fenech, Five Dolls for an August Moon, All the Colours of the Dark) brings with it complications of its own.

In The Black Cat, from that “other” Godfather of Gore, Lucio Fulci (Zombie), Scotland Yard Inspector Gorley (David Warbeck, The Beyond) find himself summoned to a sleepy English village to investigate the recent murder of a young couple. With no obvious signs of entry at the murder scene, Gorley is forced to start considering the possibility that his suspect may not be human…

Finally together on Blu-ray and in stunning new 2K restorations from the original camera negatives, fans can enjoy the double-dose of terror that is Edgar Allan Poe’s Black Cats – Italian-style!

LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS:

-Brand new 2K restorations of the films from the original camera negatives
    -High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations
    -Original Italian and English soundtracks in mono audio (uncompressed PCM on the Blu-ray)
    -Newly translated subtitles for the Italian soundtracks
    -Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for the English soundtracks
    -Brand new interview with director Sergio Martino
    -Dolls of Flesh and Blood: The Gialli of Sergio Martino – a visual essay by Michael Mackenzie exploring Sergio Martino's unique contributions to the giallo genre
    -Stephen Thrower, author of Beyond Terror - The Films of Lucio Fulci, on The Black Cat
    -Reversible sleeves featuring original and newly-commissioned artwork by Matthew Griffin
    -Limited Edition 80-page perfect-bound book featuring new writing on the films, Poe’s original story and more, illustrated with archive stills and posters
    -Much more to be announced!

Name:  11698788_1009567899077204_7676341577835688255_n.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  33.5 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Oooh! Interesting pairing.

I haven't seen THE BLACK CAT in a decade or more!
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Odd. I'll need to split these up on my shelves!

I'm hoping Arrow get hold of THE CASE OF THE SCORPION'S TAIL at some point.

It does seem an odd pairing, but I'm definately picking this up.

I like Fulci's THE BLACK CAT quite a bit so will, most likely, pick this up. I think I may have sold the NoShame dvd for "Your Vice..."; will have to double-check.

I'll likely order this, but all these limited editions, man. One of the guys that works for Arrow (and seemingly posts on every fucking forum) defends them by saying it gets people to buy right away, which I can see, but if your slate consists of 4 out of 6 releases being limited (and 3 of the 4 limited editions being expensive multi-film sets) it seems counter productive, and, frankly, a shitty thing to do to your fans.

While I like Fulci's Black Cat I'm not so hot on the other film.
    "Freddie's on the corner now. If you wanna be a junkie wow!"

Fulci's Black Cat is a pretty underrated flick. Logically it doesn't make a lot of sense but it plays out if you expect something along the lines of an oldschool gothic horror with some modern gore.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Quote Originally Posted by Clive Smith View Post
    I'm hoping Arrow get hold of THE CASE OF THE SCORPION'S TAIL at some point.
    Yeah, that's one I'd like to see as well. That and MRS. WARDH. Easily my two favorite Martino gialli.

I'll pick this release up too though, not a huge fan of the Fulci but it's certainly not a bad film. YOUR VICE...is quite good.
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.