Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The R!S!P! State Of The Union Address - July, 2015 - YOUR Feedback Counts!

You're welcome. Thank you for posting.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by The Silly Swede View Post
    I have no suggestions, but I just wanna say thanks for operating a really nice site.
    Pretty much this. Personally I find the site to be just fine as is, however the idea of a podcast is a very good and holds a lot of potential. This is one of the very few boards left where I can log on to and find new posts in every forum for interesting topics. I know I said it before in another thread but it's nice to be able to come to a place like this that isn't populated with delusional assclowns and sycophants unlike some other boards I made the mistake of joining. The conversation is good, disagreements are always civil and provide for interesting discourse and really, how many other boards have more than one multi-page thread dedicated to the likes of Jess Franco and Walerian Borowczyk?!
    Last edited by Tom Clark; 07-24-2015 at 10:26 PM.
    Vortice Mortale - The Lost Highway of Horror and Cult Film

Latest post: Cold Heaven (Nicolas Roeg, 1991)

I'm glad you're here too, Scott!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clark View Post
    how many other boards have more than one multi-page threads dedicated to the likes of Jess Franco and Walerian Borowczyk?!
    Not as many as there should be, damn it!
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Nothing much more to add to the conversation that has not already been said...
    love the site...visit it most days..enjoy reading the reviews/ threads and posting...Loads of interesting stuff on here and a jolly nice selection of chaps to converse with on stuff that is not really covered anywhere else....
    A podcast would be cool but overall its the people that Mr Jane has attracted over here that makes the site up and above anything else on the subject.Thanks for all the hard work!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Tolch View Post
    I'm on here all the time reading, but theproblem is that it's usually on my phone when it's dead at work...and typing loooongposts on a phone is frustrating haha. A podcastcould be fun. And i have no idea what happened to AB, but I'd love to know. I used to blind-buy their stuff because they were so great.
    I also usually check the site out on my phone. I find it too much of a hassle to try and type too much on a phone.

I think what basically happened to Anchor Bay is that they were bought by a big (phone or phonecard?) company, before Starz bought them and that started their death spiral. (I remember that Anchor Bay had announced a Black Emanuelle set that was killed by the new owners and thinking at the time that that was a sign of the end of the great Anchor Bay days.) Bill Lustig starting to release his titles under the Blue Underground and Anchor Bay losing the rights to the StudioCanal catalog hurt them badly, as they lost nearly all of their great catalog titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Tolch View Post
    I'm glad you're here too, Scott!
    Thanks, Mark!
    "You're just gonna grow up to be another Fogerty!"

I have a problem with you, Scott. You don't post enough, damn it! Straighten up and fly right pal.
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    Oh and I'm glad you're hear Scott. Burying the hatchet and all that - it's good.

Gary - what would be more 'in your wheelhouse'? I'm guessing less sleaze and more classic horror?
    Ian I don't mind the sleaze and actually will read the reviews just to learn something new. Also aware that you can only review what is sent to you or the stuff you purchase on your own and there are only so many reviewers. Wouldn't complain though if some of the 60's & 70's stuff (like House Of 1,000 Dolls, Madhouse) got a little more attention. I'm sure that the audio problem with Madhouse wouldn't have been missed here whereas other sites failed to mention it.

Anyway you can only work with what you've got so it is still all good!
    "Oh good. He's pissed".

Quote Originally Posted by Alex K. View Post
    Sometimes when I check out a review and go to a site that's linked the link address is not correct. Noticed it twice but I was at work and didn't get a chance to tell you.

A podcast might be interesting. Get dudes on skype and shoot the shit. You could just upload it to Youtube. I know there's a couple of free options but I'm not aware of the specifics.
    When I was doing my podcast I used Talkshoe for hosting. It is free and they claim you get unlimited bandwith. No idea if that is true,but I never ran into any issues with them.

But yeah a group of yall bullshitting on Skype would make an interesting show.

And I love this place. So happy Bougie told me about it. This is the only movie/tv forum I bother reading. Because I know there isn't going to be any trolls,fighting and other bullshit I see at other forums happening here.
    Last edited by Newt Cox; 07-25-2015 at 04:31 PM.