Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jurassic Park 4 - Jurassic World

Jurassic Park 4 - Jurassic World

So not only is the original Jurassic Park getting a 3D re-release but now the 4th film is actually happening. It was rumored Spielberg was going to handle it himself, but nope. It's going to be Colin Trevorrow.

Den of Geek says:

"Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes duo Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver have penned the screenplay, and the film is due in cinemas on June 13th 2014."

I kinda dig the series mainly because I think dinosaurs are awesome. Not sure we need a fourth movie, but there's definitely some interesting directions they could take the story and Rise of the POTA was solid, so just maybe we'll get a decent script here.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I like the JURASSIC PARK films.

I want to see 4 even if it ain't solid.
    "I've been to college, but I can still speak English when business demands it."
    - Raymond Chandler, 1939.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard--W View Post
    I like the JURASSIC PARK films.

I want to see 4 even if it ain't solid.
    I agree with both of these statements. I'm like a three year old...GIMME MORE DINOSAURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

I love the JURASSIC PARK films. It took me years before I saw the third film, owing to the bad press it received, but when I finally watched it I thought it was superb - a taut, lean adventure film with some great set-pieces. THE LOST WORLD is a little bloated and preachy, and easily the JP film I like the least, but it's still very good.
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Rise of the Planet of the Apes is full of good ideas. I was impressed by the writing. It was a pleasant surprise. So I'll probably like what Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver come up with for Jurassic Park 4. My only concern is Colin Trevorrow. Don't know his work. He's an unknown so far as I'm concerned.

I want Spielberg to direct it.

Memo to Spielberg: complete the trilogy yourself. Direct it.
    "I've been to college, but I can still speak English when business demands it."
    - Raymond Chandler, 1939.

I just watched his debut "feature film" (he did a TV movie previous to this) Safety Not Guaranteed. It's sort of a comedy related to Time Travel about a writer and interns from Seattle magazine following a classified ad from a guy who is advertising for a partner to travel back in time with him.

I won't call it a masterpiece by any stretch of the imagination, but I personally enjoyed it. It was a nice little time-waster. The thing is NOTHING about this movie screams big-budget dinosaur extravaganza. It has one FX heavy scene in the entire film, and a few chase moments, but their played more for comedy than action.

If you're interested in checking it out, it is on instant right now.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

OK that embed isn't working. The trailer is online here.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/33...d-trailer-now/
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Yeah, well that looks really dumb. That said, I'll probably see this in the cinema anyhow, for purely nostalgic reasons.
    "No presh from the Dresh!"

Probably go to see this. I'm just glad it's not a prequel. Might be better for the fresh hands.

JURASSIC PARK IV: A NEW HOPE