Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: AGFA & Something Weird Video Kickstarter

I was just about to buy THE RAMRODDER on DVD - I think I'll wait now and see if it's in the package.

OT, but I wonder if there's any chance we'll see THE PIG KEEPER'S DAUGHTER released on Blu.
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

The David Friedman Archive might even include some non-Friedman titles. Friedman was responsible for placing many adults-only films at UCLA, not just his own pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt H. View Post
    I was just about to buy THE RAMRODDER on DVD - I think I'll wait now and see if it's in the package.

OT, but I wonder if there's any chance we'll see THE PIG KEEPER'S DAUGHTER released on Blu.
    Would love to see PKD and other Buckalew titles on Blu. I assume they are controlled by whatever passes for the “Harry Novak estate.” While SWV seemed to have home video rights for all the Novak titles for a while, they seem to be very slow in trickling onto Blu on a title by title basis. I think only Arrow and Severin have been releasing them—maybe five or six films, tops. Would love to see this increase.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Maybe I could auction off the original art to my Bat Pussy logo and donate the proceeds to AGFA...then they can use some of that money to send me the BluRays they owe me.
    Now everyone can have a complete KRULL lifestyle.

A little surprised no one sent you a Blu.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

AGFA/SWV put out a DVD/CD combo called Psychedelic Sex Kicks.

https://www.diabolikdvd.com/product/...-cd-dvd-combo/

Name:  MHCD-223_900.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  33.2 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

My goodness that product description is vague. I love hippie shit, but I will need to hear more.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Crist View Post
    My goodness that product description is vague. I love hippie shit, but I will need to hear more.

My guess is that this is a compilation of various psychedelic short subjects previously released by Something Weird Video on VHS and DVD.

This is the summary of the original dvd-r from SWV’s site:

“ Take a wild trip back to San Francisco circa 1967 with this stoned-out Double Feature! Wallow in the days when hippies and freaks ruled the counter culture, to the sounds of sitar and drum music, and the stench of grass permeating the Haight-Asbury!
    A self-confirmed “hippie” (who poetically narrates the film) is looking to score some Psychedelic Sex Kicks. He used to be a square but long hair, a pair of dark sunglasses, bellbottoms, a suede vest, and living in a groovy pad with batik fabric hanging on the walls make him totally cool now. Said hippie meets two cute gals and proceeds to give them the pied-piper bit (while tooting on an actual pan pipe). They eagerly follow him to his hippie lair.
    The trio immediately gets stoned. Then they drop some acid. The chicks get naked and prepare for a sensual soul-shaking experience with their new best friend. They become one with God, the universe, and each other as their “consciousness” expands. It’s all about love, light and life, man. Can you dig it?
    Hippie Dude’s trip takes a weird turn. Next thing you know, he’s in a room full of colorful balloons and a different naked chick (who resembles Yoko Ono) crawling around on the ground amongst the balloons. He tries to reach her but she keeps wriggling away from him. (Who can blame her?) Then a big-busted earth-mother type does a psychedelic freak-out dance with optical effects for him. Still not done tripping, he envisions three other girls engaged in some serious body painting which eventually turns into a free-for-all and a big-freakin’ mess! You’d think he’d had enough by now, but no. It’s time for kaleidoscopic visions of a beautiful foxy woman and her pet python. The hippie does not appear to dig the snake though…
    Meanwhile, at the Wild Hippie Party, real-life swingers get naked, pop pills, and swill electric Kool-Aid. It’s like someone set up a camera in the corner of the room with an oil-lamp projecting and said “just do your own thing.” And that they do. There’s dancing, drumming, and drug use. And lots of psychedelic sexy time.
    This Double Feature was touted as “2 Big Hits in Hallucinary Color!” It was shot in San Francisco by PAD Productions (the same people responsible for the outrageous theatrical short Follow That Skirt.) In retrospect, this is quite a groovy time capsule and will most definitely bring back waves of nostalgia to those nonconformists (who can still remember that era). From a “cool it with a banana skin and you’ll be down” 35mm print. #39714 – Lisa Petrucci”