Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lorenzo Lamas Is... Snake Eater!

Lorenzo Lamas Is... Snake Eater!

Any other fans of these classic canuxploitation action films? Completely low rent, sure, and Lamas can't act his way out of a paper bag in these movies but damn if they aren't a lot of fun. Just picked up the first movie on DVD on a trip back to Canada last week and was reminded of how much I enjoy them. All three films in the series are out of print now I think, which is a shame. Maybe better editions will come along as the Lionsgate discs definitely leave room for improvement, but I'm not going to hold my breath on that.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

I caught the first one on Netflix streaming last year. I had more fun with it than expected. I'm not sure I care for Lamas, but I seem to enjoy his trashy little action flicks.

I have a thing for Kathleen Kinmont and have been collecting many of her films, which include a bunch of Lamas action flicks. I may have to put in SNAKE EATER 2 in this week.

I always think of that moment on Jimmy Kimmel Live where Trey Parker farts on Lorenzo Lamas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoWBKVbYf9M
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Jason are the netflix versions in HD?
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    Jason are the netflix versions in HD?
    I watched SNAKE EATER before it expired in Sept 2011 and I don't believe it was in HD although it looked good. Below are screenshots I took. I've never seen the sequel available via streaming or DVD rental.

NSFW Screenshot
    NSFW screenshot

Definitely better than the fullframe DVD, doesn't look like heads have been chopped off either. Not sure of the OAR on this but 1.78.1 looks ok. Thanks.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Dreamy.
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Watched SnakeEater III... His War last night. Not nearly as good as the original but still reasonably fun. Is there any other movie were you get to see Bam Bam Bigelow die on a toilet? I don't think so.

Lorenzo kicks a lot of people in the face in this, more than the other two movies combined I'd guess. No jetski/motorcycle thing though, so that's a negative.

Name:  4023112_orig.jpg
Views: 776
Size:  80.4 KB

It's awesome how Canadian all the bad guys sound in this movie. Also, be on the look out for gratuitous Canadian Pizza Hut product placement.

Two different jeans manufacturers are thanked in the end credits. I wonder which one made Lorenzo's jeans? Maybe both of them.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Hawt. Seriously.

Watched Snake Eater II over the weekend.

Name:  8114317768_a3bfdc7430_z.jpg
Views: 543
Size:  72.7 KB

It was pretty cool to see Lorenzo team up with the guy who played the gay black nerd in Revenge Of The Nerds to fight crime.

Name:  hqdefault.jpg
Views: 527
Size:  11.7 KB

Also nice to see Ron Palillo pop up in this one. Basically the story is that Soldier kills four drug dealers while on suspension and instead of going to jail, he pleads insanity and winds up in an insane asylum (with Ron Palillo and a few other recognizable character actors) where he charms the lady doctor into seeing things his way. He also learns how to escape from the hospital without being seen, and once he does, he starts fighting more crime. At one point he makes a toilet bomb and gives his target a laxative - KABOOM!

Kathleen Kinmont is in this one too but her part is pretty small.

Possibly the most WTF moment in this one is when the inmates decide that Soldier has to play 'the game' which turns out to be a rooftop wheelchair jousting tournament in which he has to compete against a guy named Goliath who looks like a werewolf. The same guy who played Goliath popped up in Snake Eater III as well.

Name:  Snake-Eater-II-The-Drug-Buster-7.jpg
Views: 534
Size:  38.6 KB

Also at one point Soldier drives around in this wacky toilet van. Check it out!

Name:  i408638.jpg
Views: 534
Size:  32.3 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!