Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Soavi's The Church & The Sect Getting A Blu-ray Release

So it looks like the US releases are no longer going to be Code Red branded but are now coming out via Scorpion?

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=20649
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Update on the Scorpion release:

The special features on the disc will be

New 2k scan with extensive color correction.

English and Italian track with english subtitles

New exclusive interview with the maestro himself, Dario Argento

Interviews with Michele Soavi, screenwriter Gianni Romoli, actor Giovanni Lombardo Radice, composer Pino Donaggio, set designer Massimo Antonello Geleng, director of photography Raffaele Mertes and film historian Fabrizio Spurio

Reversible sleeve

the first 2000 units will have a slip sleeve
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Bill speak! He really is a strange, bitter man.

"Banana Man finally got the last interview for the upcoming Blu-ray of THE CHURCH ! Actor TOMAS ARANA dropped in the talked about his work on the film and talked intensively about his role and also his work on the movie THE SECT !. thanks Tomas for dropping in !!! I know most American people already bought the import, but Not everything overseas is better?"

Name:  17498556_1773234399658909_974579774046366045_n.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  14.0 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post

"Banana Man finally got the last interview for the upcoming Blu-ray of THE CHURCH ! Actor TOMAS ARANA dropped in the talked about his work on the film and talked intensively about his role and also his work on the movie THE SECT !. thanks Tomas for dropping in !!! I know most American people already bought the import, but Not everything overseas is better?"
    I think he has a legit beef in that a number of the UK labels are releasing stuff region free when they are supposed to be locked and people are importing those cheaper discs.

I get that, but he attacks his customers for it.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I guess it wouldn't be Bill if he didn't attack his customers. I think his fanboys on the blu-ray.com forum like Bill attacking them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post

Name:  17498556_1773234399658909_974579774046366045_n.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  14.0 KB
    Man child is a better fit for someone like Bill. What happened to Scorpion handling the releases and Bill stepping back?
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness."

Alejandro Jodorowsky

I bought and watched the Shameless blu rays of the Church and the Sect, and they look really great, very good releases, I think if anyone is wanting good copies of these films these are worth buying, not sure about other releases, but those might be good too, but I watched these and can safely say if you want the films these 2 look great on my TV.no damage to the films or anything, looks better than the work Shameless does on many of their DVD's where the picture quality was kind of hit and miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Fundi View Post
    I bought and watched the Shameless blu rays of the Church and the Sect, and they look really great, very good releases, I think if anyone is wanting good copies of these films these are worth buying, not sure about other releases, but those might be good too, but I watched these and can safely say if you want the films these 2 look great on my TV.no damage to the films or anything, looks better than the work Shameless does on many of their DVD's where the picture quality was kind of hit and miss.
    The Church looks fine but can't say the same about The Sect.

http://caps-a-holic.com/c.php?d1=9654&d2=9563&c=3859

Agreed, while I really enjoyed revisiting The Sect I thought the presentation was pretty average.