Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Soavi's The Church & The Sect Getting A Blu-ray Release

Update from Shameless.

THE SECT - full specs and brand new artwork!

Release date: TBC (but soon)...

Format: Blu-ray and DVD

Satanic sacrifice, face-ripping gore and a channel-hopping bunny! Directed by Michele Soavi (THE CHURCH, CEMETERY MAN) and co-scripted and produced by Dario Argento: we know their names, let's experience the nature of their games!

Watch with glee while schoolteacher (Kelly Curtis) becomes the target of a devil-worshipping sect. Soon her friends either disappear, become crazed zombie-like murderers or get their hearts ripped out…still beating. Some even jerk back to life in an undead bloodletting frenzy! Is Jamie-Lee Curtis' sister loosing her mind or has the devil come into her?

Shameless is pleased to introduce the first ever 2K HD restored and longest ever version of THE SECT, entirely faithful to Soavi’s original vision of occult and zoogenic mayhem.

Adding 666 degrees of terror to a Rosemary's Baby scenario, Soavi blowtorches a diabolic opus that will get you to claw your own face off with fear!

SPECS
    - 2K restored and remastered
    - English stereo audio
    - Italian 5.1 audio with optional first ever English subtitles
    - Longest version ever: 117 mins
    - Aspect ratio: 1.78:1
    - Blu-ray: Shameless numbered edition

EXTRAS
    - Unique Interview with Michele Soavi
    - Shameless Trailer Park

The pre-order link will be coming soon, once the release date is 666% confirmed. Welcome to the family!
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Name:  15589961_429607910762017_4409251799565324492_n.jpg
Views: 426
Size:  94.8 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I'm hoping to watch Shameless' LA CHIESA BD tomorrow, on my day off work. I'm slightly less keen on LA SETTA but looking forward to the BD nonetheless.
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

just curious why is this The Sect as 117 minutes from Shameless on blu ray, when the IMDB list the film as being 125 minutes long?

Quote Originally Posted by Fundi View Post
    just curious why is this The Sect as 117 minutes from Shameless on blu ray, when the IMDB list the film as being 125 minutes long?
    The Italian DVD was 113 mins with PAL speedup - which is 117 mins at 24fps. Pretty much every Italian source I've seen lists 117 mins as the running time. (For example: https://www.screenweek.it/films/5457 .) The German BD was 117 mins long.

I would suggest the IMDb running time is just one of those errors with which the IMDb is known to be riddled; on the other hand, it's always possible the timing is taken from an early assembly of the picture
    Last edited by Paul L; 12-15-2016 at 07:51 PM.
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

ah thanks Paul L, yeah IMDB screws up a lot, I think I'll grab the Shameless blu ray of The Sect, I'm sure it's uncut, Shameless are good about releasing stuff uncut, unless the BBFC makes them cut it. I have been in the mood for some Italian horror lately

Vortice Mortale - The Lost Highway of Horror and Cult Film

Latest post: The 4th Man (Paul Verhoeven, 1983)

I thought both the SECT and THE CHURCH looked great from Shameless. However some are saying that the Koch media German release of THE SECT looks better.

Quote Originally Posted by Lalala76 View Post
    I thought both the SECT and THE CHURCH looked great from Shameless. However some are saying that the Koch media German release of THE SECT looks better.
    Caps-a-holic

From FB re: the Code Red release:

"The maestro Dario Argento has given us an exclusive on camera interview for our up coming BluRay of THE CHURCH and THE SECT! This is a exclusive interview you will not find anywhere else, so you certainly dont want to miss what the great director has to say! More info forthcoming! Thanks to Freak O Rama Production!"
    Rock! Shock! Pop!