Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Thread: The name is Bond...James Bond!

The new Bond release date continues to drift further into the distance. I'm hearing that the cheap bastards at Netflix and Apple refused to pay $600,000,000 for the rights. Theres some dumb bastard who has started a Kickstarter to raise £607,000,000 to buy the film from MGM (they don't understand the difference between dollars and pounds but that will just be to MGMs benefit when they raise the money I guess). It feels far fetched, as does cinemas being back to normal by April next year. Other options have to be looked at or we may never see the damned movie.

How about, the people of Britain nationalise the movie? 67 million Brits. They each kick in a tenner and BOOM they're all watching Bond on the BBC by Christmas. How about Biden ensures the electoral victory by promising that if he wins the the government will buy the film for the American people. How about- well I'm out of ideas but there's gotta be a way. It's getting ridiculous.
    "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

I can't say that I blame them, that's a hell of an investment to risk after Tenet. If it gets leaked then they're really screwed, but I think that's the only way anyone will see it before 2022.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

No I dont blame them either. Its hard to see any other option though I cant imagine what they are paying on loans until this film brings in the dollars to pay them off.

I'd be curious to hear how Mulan worked out for Disney. It looked a bit ridiculous trying to sell itelf for $35 on the Google play store when all the other new releases are $15. Seemed to be asking a lot of the plebs to see that theres a difference between Mulan and the rest. Disney said it worked out great but then they would wouldn't they?

Of course Cinema owners will lose their shit in spectacular fashion if Bond went to digital. Not sure if that bothers MGM but I suspect it might. To a small degree.
    "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Fuck Netflix. James Bond is meant to be seen in theatres and if we have to wait for it, so be it.
    "No presh from the Dresh!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Silly Swede View Post
    Fuck Netflix. James Bond is meant to be seen in theatres and if we have to wait for it, so be it.
    For any other movie I'd disagree. I think a good home setup is the least compromised way to watch a film these days. But we've kind of made a bit of a ritual of going to the opening of each new Bond film. It's probably the only new film I can think that I'd prefer to see at the cinema rather than home.

I want to see Bond in the theater. I'll wait no matter how long.