Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: Sonny Chiba Mega Review Thread

The Wolf Guy comparisons got my attention. Someone needs to fan-sub this!
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I wish I would have found Narcotics/Prostitution G-Men Terrifying Flesh Hell earlier in my Sonny Chiba/Pinky Violence education. There is no shortage of 70’s flicks about tricking young girls into prostitution with heroin and this one is fine, but it’s nothing special. It’s Chiba so it’s not without some moments, but there was nothing particularly memorable. Most of my favorite Chiba films come after 1972 and this film feels like a warmup for what’s to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason C View Post
    I wish I would have found Narcotics/Prostitution G-Men Terrifying Flesh Hell earlier in my Sonny Chiba/Pinky Violence education. There is no shortage of 70’s flicks about tricking young girls into prostitution with heroin and this one is fine, but it’s nothing special. It’s Chiba so it’s not without some moments, but there was nothing particularly memorable. Most of my favorite Chiba films come after 1972 and this film feels like a warmup for what’s to come.
    You really need to see the first film, which is way better than Terrifying Flesh Hell. A Narcotics Agent's Ballad has much better story and characters, much better soundtrack, much better action and even much more nudity.

Quote Originally Posted by Takuma View Post
    You really need to see the first film, which is way better than Terrifying Flesh Hell. A Narcotics Agent's Ballad has much better story and characters, much better soundtrack, much better action and even much more nudity.
    that does look super cool. I really hope its gets subtitled. I've pledge my money.

Does anyone have Samurai Reincarnation (1981) in their possession with the English dub? I'd appreciate if someone could check the "God will be cut" line and post it here word to word. It should be around 90 minutes into the film in the uncut 2 hour version (a lot earlier in the 88 min US version), spoken by Tetsuro Tamba after he has finished the sword, just after he collapses.

Wikipedia says "If you should encounter God, God will be cut." but I'd like to have a confirmation if that's exactly what's on the English dub or not?

EDIT: it's "Master Jubei... If you encounter God, God will be cut."
    Last edited by Takuma; 07-10-2019 at 07:55 PM.