Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Richard Stanley's Hardware

Simon Boswell interview!

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Stanley talking about the sequel he was never able to make:

https://bloody-disgusting.com/exclus...phantom-limbs/

Finally took a peek at Richard Stanley's Hardware this morning (ooo-er!). Not terrible is it? It's got a really nice build up and I like the leading lady. It does get itself into trouble once the old ultra violence kicks in. Those scenes don't hang together very well. It's hard to get a feel for where the robot is and why it's not just killing everybody. Would probably have been a better film if they just stopped when the robot got blasted out the window. Could probably leave out all the sex stuff too. It's the wrong kind of creepy.

Still impressive on a budget. You can sort of tell that the hazer is working overtime to hide what I assume are some cheap sets and the red palette does get wearying on the eyes but it does the job.
    "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

It's uneven for sure, but like you, a pretty solid debut. I remember seeing it on VHS in high school - like literally in the school. A group of us would get together before our video production class and watch stuff in parts and somehow this got chosen. I think we were all mostly just into it at first because of Lemmy and Iggy Pop being in it.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    It's uneven for sure, but like you, a pretty solid debut. I remember seeing it on VHS in high school - like literally in the school. A group of us would get together before our video production class and watch stuff in parts and somehow this got chosen. I think we were all mostly just into it at first because of Lemmy and Iggy Pop being in it.
    I remember somebody saying, "You have to see this, it's got a GWAR video with Ministry playing overtop". Sold.

Didn't like it much, though.

Saw this for the first time on shrooms. It was an unforgettable experience - both uncomfortable and exhilarating. It's most likely the reason that this remains one of my favourite movies to this day. Also impressive that Stanley was in his early 20's when he made it.
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Roninflix is going to have 22 pieces of the OOP 2-disc Hardware set available on 12/14 at 10am PT.

https://roninflix.com/products/hardware-2-disc-set
    Rock! Shock! Pop!