Thread: Redemption Releasing Crimson The Color Of Terror With Paul Naschy

Redemption Releasing Crimson The Color Of Terror With Paul Naschy

From Blu-ray.com:

Redemption FilmsThe Redemption label has announced that it will release on Blu-ray Juan Fortuny's film Crimson: The Color of Terror a.k.a. The Man with the Severed Head (1973), starring Paul Naschy, Silvia Solar, Olivier Mathot, and Claude Boisson. The release will be available for purchase on June 14.

Synopsis: Eurocult icon Paul Naschy (Frankenstein's Bloody Terror) stars as a criminal gang leader who undergoes a radical surgery in Juan Fortuny s 1973 thriller Crimson. When a jewel heist goes awry, Jack Surnett (Naschy) and his fellow thieves take shelter at the home of a scientist experimenting in brain replacement. Through the surgical finesse of the doctor s wife (Silvia Solar), Surnett is restored to health, but suffers irresistible pangs of bloodlust and conventional lust as well after the brain of a criminal known as The Sadist (Roberto Mauri) is grafted onto his own.

This Redemption edition includes both the U.S. release version (English dubbed) as well as the extended international version (French with optional English subtitles), which features additional (sexually provocative) footage.

Special Features:

Newly Mastered in high-definition from the original 35mm film elements
    Standard 89-minute version and the complete, more sexually explicit 98-minute version
    Audio commentary by horror film historian Richard Harland Smith

Name:  6884_tn.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  44.5 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Damn, gonna have to spring for the RHS commentary track but damn does this film drag is just not fun, good or even something Naschy completists should really bother with.
    This one is going to absolutely die on the vine...very questionable choice for release!

Quote Originally Posted by John Bernhard View Post
    Damn, gonna have to spring for the RHS commentary track but damn does this film drag is just not fun, good or even something Naschy completists should really bother with.
    This one is going to absolutely die on the vine...very questionable choice for release!
    My thoughts too, John. CRIMSON is one of a small handful of Naschy's films that I just don't care for and never revisit. I might be tempted to import the disc for the commentary, however.
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

I've always passed on it, so I guess now is the time to give it a shot.

Better to piss on it.
    "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Depends what you pass on it...
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

As a die hard Naschy fan, I do find some of this entertaining ( for the wrong reasons ). Some of the cast is good too.
    But it really does not show Naschy off in a positive light, will send newcomers to his work running for the hills, and not provide economic encouragement to any other company considering a Naschy BD.