Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Film Media /Film Movement Releasing Joe Sarno Films On Blu-ray

Hopefully Warm Nights & Hot Pleasures will be released without an accompanying feature. I would have potentially been interested in either Vampire Ecstasy or Sin You Sinners - but jam them together as a ill-conceived double feature and my interest drops.

Coming 9/26/17.

"Newly restored to High Definition from the original film elements, All the Sins of Sodom / Vibrations, directed by 'the Ingmar Bergman of 42nd St.,' Joseph W. Sarno, is the second entry in the definitive series celebrating one of the most gifted pioneers of the sexploitation genre. These two seminal films are now being released for the first time on Blu Ray.

Encouraged by his agent, struggling NYC photographer Henning begins a daring portfolio of his model, Leslie. But all too soon, jealousies erupt when another model vies for his camera and bed. A strikingly filmed, penetrating study of ambition, romance and lust set in the world of 1960s fashion photography, All the Sins of Sodom is sexploitation auteur Sarno at the top of his game.

Aspiring poet Barbara moves to Manhattan to jump-start her career and sex life, only to spend her evenings listening to the sounds of her neighbor s vibrator. When her extroverted sister Julie comes to town, Barbara is forced to confront her repressed sexual desires. An early classic by sexploitation director Sarno, Vibrations is classy and sophisticated, beautifully shot, a juicy script, filled with wonderful performances and sexy as hell.

The double feature includes rare bonus material, including an interview with Director, Joseph W. Sarno; All the Sins of Sodom film commentary by Peggy Steffans-Sarno; Vibrations film commentary by film historian Tim Lucas; Vibrations mini-commentary by Peggy Steffans-Sarno.

Package includes Collector's booklet featuring liner notes by Tim Lucas."

Rock! Shock! Pop!

I'm still waiting for SIN IN THE SUBURBS.

Screening Announced - Vibrations (1968)
    Directed by Joe Sarno
    September 15, 2017
    September 20, 2017
    THE GENE SISKEL FILM CENTER
    164 N State St, Chicago, IL 60601

http://www.siskelfilmcenter.org/vibrations
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

If it wasn't so far downtown, I'd go see VIBRATIONS. I hate that it's located just a few blocks from the lake, makes it more difficult and time-consuming to get to (especially from where I live).

FILM MEDIA ANNOUNCES VOL. 3 IN THE JOSEPH W. SARNO RETROSPECT SERIES CONFIRMS 11 VOLUME SERIES

October 11, 2017 Fair Lawn NJ – Film restoration and preservation organization Film Media confirmed today it will release Joe Sarno’s Deep Throat Part II, Pandora and the Magic Box and A Touch of Genie together February 23, 2018 as Volume 3 in the Joseph W. Sarno Retrospect series. Presented with a standard definition “bonus” version of The Switch, this definitive collection represents the total of Sarno’s comedic output over an 11-year period of his film career.

Newly restored to 2k from original 35mm film elements, the films will be available as 2-Disc Blu-Ray or DVD collections featuring a new liner notes essay by film critic Tim Lucas, and a robust assortment of extras.

Film Media also confirmed that restoration is under way on the films that will make up Volumes 4-11 of the series:

Sarno 04 - Sin in the Suburbs / Confessions of a Young American Housewife

Sarno 05 - Moonlighting Wives / Naked Fog

Sarno 06 - Abigail Lesley is Back in Town / Laura's Toys

Sarno 07 - Daddy Darling / The Indelicate Balance

Sarno 08- Inga / Seduction of Inga

Sarno 09 - Odd Triangle / Desire Under the Palms

Sarno 10 - Swedish Wildcats / Siv and Anne and Sven

Sarno 11 - Butterflies / Bibi

The Film Media Project is dedicated to preserving, restoring and raising awareness of obscure and outstanding examples of independent cinema shot on motion picture film. Conceived and initiated in 2016, the Film Media Project is the brainchild of company director Michael Raso who has dedicated his life to working with film. Michael personally oversees the restoration and transfer to high definition of all films in the Film Media Project archive.

Name:  01.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  54.1 KB

Name:  02.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  19.4 KB

Name:  03.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  33.9 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Can't wait to get SIN IN THE SUBURBS and put it on my shelf next to the OLGA films, due to the cast presence of Audrey Campbell and Alice Baez (both of whom portrayed "interrogators" in various OLGA films).

oooh Abigail Lesley is Back in Town / Laura's Toys, wow!

Will be curious to see deep throat part 2 I had a horrible quality DVD years ago will be nice to have it on blu Ray I will be picking up volumes 1 & 2 as soon as possible can't wait to check them out.

Rock! Shock! Pop!