Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 120

Thread: 88 Films Releasing Hex - 88 Asia Line

  1. #21
    Administrator Ian Jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queens, NYC
    Posts
    44,548
    Name:  12993547_1292679894081950_8366017356811956577_n.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  80.7 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    Name:  12993547_1292679894081950_8366017356811956577_n.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  80.7 KB
    If nothing else, I'm supporting this release just to stick it to those vultures hawking the OOP MBs blu ray for outrageous prices on the used market.
    "only the simplest can accommodate the most complex"

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by 47lab View Post
    If nothing else, I'm supporting this release just to stick it to those vultures hawking the OOP MBs blu ray for outrageous prices on the used market.
    Ha yeah, If that one is anything like other Tokyo Shock SB Blu rays, it has a woeful bit rate, average something like 15 Mbps
    This one should at least be better than that, surely?

    I agree not a tremendously exciting announcement as this film is available on ITunes in HD with original language and English dub etc
    I was hoping for more horror..

  4. #24
    Administrator Ian Jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queens, NYC
    Posts
    44,548
    Digging the reverse cover art option.

    Name:  8143958ac2f9977fbb16a637f6b18dc0.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  62.6 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by 47lab View Post
    Extras TBC but booklet notes by Caulm Waddell will accompany each release. probably"
    An expert in Asian cinema now. Wow. Whenever I hear the words Asian Cinema linked with that name, all I can think of is this message sent to me from a disgruntled writer:

    "Thanks for posting what you did about Calum Waddell! I have nothing but contempt for that self-absorbed excuse for a human being ever since someone put him in touch with me for assistance...with an email interview with Hong Kong cinematographer & director Andrew Lau Wai-Keung -- and it became pretty apparent, pretty fast, that Calum knew zero about who he was dealing with or indeed much about the HK cinema industry at all...in fact, he showed a contempt for all of Asian cinema that was beyond immature. Stupidly, and because I didn't know him, I permitted him access to my then in-development website...then next thing I know, the little weasel's writing for Impact magazine passing himself off as an expert in Asian cinema! Suffice to say, I got wise real fast and cut off correspondence quick smart. The boy is an arse, with some serious issues -- and rates as one of the lowest scum of the earth when it comes to genre journalism that I've ever encountered."

    Good choice 88films.

  6. #26
    Administrator Ian Jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queens, NYC
    Posts
    44,548
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone Weird View Post
    An expert in Asian cinema now. Wow. Whenever I hear the words Asian Cinema linked with that name, all I can think of is this message sent to me from a disgruntled writer:

    "Thanks for posting what you did about Calum Waddell! I have nothing but contempt for that self-absorbed excuse for a human being ever since someone put him in touch with me for assistance...with an email interview with Hong Kong cinematographer & director Andrew Lau Wai-Keung -- and it became pretty apparent, pretty fast, that Calum knew zero about who he was dealing with or indeed much about the HK cinema industry at all...in fact, he showed a contempt for all of Asian cinema that was beyond immature. Stupidly, and because I didn't know him, I permitted him access to my then in-development website...then next thing I know, the little weasel's writing for Impact magazine passing himself off as an expert in Asian cinema! Suffice to say, I got wise real fast and cut off correspondence quick smart. The boy is an arse, with some serious issues -- and rates as one of the lowest scum of the earth when it comes to genre journalism that I've ever encountered."

    Good choice 88films.
    Your obsession is bordering on unhealthy and I'm going to ask you AGAIN to lay off the personal insults here. It's toxic. If you need to dedicate almost all of your posts to attacking someone, take it elsewhere.

    I'm just happy these movies are coming out in what will hopefully be good quality HD editions with English friendly options.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

  7. #27
    Yeah...will be nice to have these movies in good quality / english friendly editions...hopefully with a coiple of decent extras as icing on the cake..

  8. #28
    Administrator Ian Jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queens, NYC
    Posts
    44,548
    It's been confirmed that they are releasing Black Magic and House Of Traps.

    Black Magic


    In this outrageous horror hit from Hong Kong's legendary Shaw Brothers, a young couple engaged to be married, Hsu Lo (Ti Lung, Legend of the Drunken Master) and Wang Chu-ying (Lily Li, Shaolin Executioner), are tormented by sexy widow Lo Yin (Tanny Tien Ni, The Magic Blade), who consults a necromancer to cast a love spell on the unwilling object of her affections. Unfortunately, the scheming sorcerer has plans of his own that lead to horrific consequences for everyone involved, with a spellbinding finale that pits two magicians against each other in the ultimate battle between light and darkness!


    STREET DATE: SEPTEMBER 12.


    House of Traps


    From the creator of the popular Deadly Venoms martial arts series comes the most diabolical adventure of them all! The incredible Venoms, a team of skilled fights, unleash their fury in a bloody frenzy when they infiltrate a mysterious, treasure-filled house designed to entrap and destroy all those who enter it - as fiendishly and creatively as possible! One of the rarest and most-requested Shaw Brothers action masterpieces presented uncut in all its outrageous glory!


    STREET DATE: SEPTEMBER 12.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

  9. #29
    An Andalusian Dog enandalusiskhund's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Luleå, Sweden
    Posts
    1,196
    I will buy all of these in a heartbeat if they're solid transfers. They don't even have to be top-notch as long as they're better than the DVD's. Thrilled about Black Magic and Hex! RELEASE MORE HK HORROR, 88!! I will buy everything you release, guaranteed!
    Kristi kraft betvingar dig

  10. #30
    Senior Member The Silly Swede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Swedonia
    Posts
    3,118
    I'll buy em. Cause I kind of like 88films. they are like a cheap version of Arrow. And so convenient for me to just click home from amazon uk.
    "No presh from the Dresh!"

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-10-2016, 03:51 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-10-2016, 03:49 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-08-2016, 02:57 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-15-2015, 10:41 AM
  5. Troma Releasing From Asia With Lust Vol. 1
    By Ian Jane in forum Asian
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-28-2015, 10:32 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •