Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 120

Thread: 88 Films Releasing Hex - 88 Asia Line

  1. #51
    Killer Constable will be mine

  2. #52
    I'll be grabbing all of these Shaw titles as they come out. Hope they sell a shit ton so we see more.

  3. #53
    Administrator Ian Jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queens, NYC
    Posts
    44,548
    Coming soon...

    High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations of the Film


    RESTORED HD MASTER IN ORIGINAL 2.35:1 ASPECT RATIO


    Uncompressed English Soundtrack
    Uncompressed Chinese Audio
    English Subtitles
    Audio Commentary by acclaimed Asian Cinema and kung-fu expert, Bey Logan
    HO MY GOD: An interview with Godfrey Ho
    Masked Avengers Trailer
    CINEMA CITY! Limited Edition Booklet notes by Calum Waddell
    Reverse Sleeve featuring Original Hong Kong Poster Art


    SPECS
    Region Code: B/2
    Picture Format: HD 1080p 2.35:1 / PAL 2.35:1
    Audio Format: LPCM Mono and Dolby Digital Mono
    Language: English / Mandarin with English Subtitles
    Certification: 15
    Running Time: 87 Mins Approx

    Name:  Masked_Avengers_OCARD_800x.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  69.3 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

  4. #54
    An Andalusian Dog enandalusiskhund's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Luleå, Sweden
    Posts
    1,196
    88 wrote on Facebook that they've licensed more titles from SB! Hoping for some more horror and exploitation fare!
    Kristi kraft betvingar dig

  5. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by enandalusiskhund View Post
    88 wrote on Facebook that they've licensed more titles from SB! Hoping for some more horror and exploitation fare!
    Great news! I was expecting these to be a flop.

  6. #56
    10 more titles is certainly good news but now I've heard they fucked up on BLACK MAGIC?! The transfer is really dark and shit. This on the heels of the debacle with SEEDING OF A GHOST where the subs are synched to the Canto audio instead of the Mandarin. oh well, at least we have Celestial putting out INTIMATE CONFESSIONS OF A CHINESE COURTESAN on blu ray which is awesome since Lily Ho is such a fine piece. Thank god, they're back to releasing good shit again after their prior two relatively mediocre releases.
    "only the simplest can accommodate the most complex"

  7. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by 47lab View Post
    10 more titles is certainly good news but now I've heard they fucked up on BLACK MAGIC?! The transfer is really dark and shit. This on the heels of the debacle with SEEDING OF A GHOST where the subs are synched to the Canto audio instead of the Mandarin. oh well, at least we have Celestial putting out INTIMATE CONFESSIONS OF A CHINESE COURTESAN on blu ray which is awesome since Lily Ho is such a fine piece. Thank god, they're back to releasing good shit again after their prior two relatively mediocre releases.
    i thought Black Magic looked mediocre compared to 5 Element Ninjas but it was still worth getting as the DVD i had was so bad. And at least it has the english dub, which is the only reason im willing to upgrade most of these films. i dont think ill get those german blus as id prefer to download from itunes with the original language and dub where available.

  8. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by 47lab View Post
    10 more titles is certainly good news but now I've heard they fucked up on BLACK MAGIC?! The transfer is really dark and shit. This on the heels of the debacle with SEEDING OF A GHOST where the subs are synched to the Canto audio instead of the Mandarin. oh well, at least we have Celestial putting out INTIMATE CONFESSIONS OF A CHINESE COURTESAN on blu ray which is awesome since Lily Ho is such a fine piece. Thank god, they're back to releasing good shit again after their prior two relatively mediocre releases.
    Aside from weak black levels (fixed with your TV's brightness), Black Magic isn't bad at all.

    Hex - Catonese audio, but subs synced to the Mandarin track
    Seeding of a Ghost -Mandarin, should be Cantonese

  9. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Killer Meteor View Post
    Aside from weak black levels (fixed with your TV's brightness), Black Magic isn't bad at all.

    Hex - Catonese audio, but subs synced to the Mandarin track
    Seeding of a Ghost -Mandarin, should be Cantonese
    That's what I mean, it's inexcusable that such easily fixable errors are part and parcel of these releases now -- don't they have anyone do a final QC before sending it off to get pressed? I mean the first clue that something is wrong would be the subs not syncing up and disappearing off the screen too quickly but that's just me. I'm not that harsh on the German blu rays since they're basically giving those away at bootleg prices but the 88's are standard priced blus and should be better than what's being delivered as the final product.
    "only the simplest can accommodate the most complex"

  10. #60
    Speaking of SEEDING OF A GHOST, I'd be remiss if I failed to mention the passing of veteran HK actor, director, producer Phillip Ko-Fei a couple of days ago. He will be missed but his film legacy will live on forever!



    "only the simplest can accommodate the most complex"

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-10-2016, 03:51 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-10-2016, 03:49 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-08-2016, 02:57 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-15-2015, 10:41 AM
  5. Troma Releasing From Asia With Lust Vol. 1
    By Ian Jane in forum Asian
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-28-2015, 10:32 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •