Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 120

Thread: 88 Films Releasing Hex - 88 Asia Line

  1. #81
    Administrator Ian Jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queens, NYC
    Posts
    44,566
    New 88 Asia announcement! #12
    BEWITCHED coming 9th October to Blu-ray.
    While possessed by an evil spirit, a man murders his daughter. A police detective investigating the case also becomes possessed. A good monk helps fight the evil spirit.

    Name:  19145920_1734848496531752_4166211402382981094_n.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  74.2 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

  2. #82
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    1,376
    I'll buy that for the slip alone.

    Hoe does the film fair, compared to SEEDING OF A GHOST or HEX?

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason C View Post
    I'll buy that for the slip alone.

    Hoe does the film fair, compared to SEEDING OF A GHOST or HEX?
    I would say it's way better than the two, in fact this film ranks in my top 10-15ish Shaw Brothers film of all time, A really, really good horror film, with a fair amount of gore for a SB film.
    Last edited by Mark C.; 06-16-2017 at 04:40 PM.

  4. #84
    So this clears up the picture for the remaining releases in 88films Asia line. The "B" ended up being BEWITCHED, so that leaves the "T" as THE BRAVE ARCHER and now just need the "C"....since this turned out to be another Kuei Chih-hung title (along with KILLER CONSTABLE & HEX), I was thinking perhaps the "C" might end up being CORPSE MANIA? in addition to the popular choices of CHINESE BOXER and CRIPPLED AVENGERS.
    "only the simplest can accommodate the most complex"

  5. #85
    Senior Member Takuma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    1,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason C View Post
    I'll buy that for the slip alone.

    Hoe does the film fair, compared to SEEDING OF A GHOST or HEX?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark C. View Post
    I would say it's way better than the two, in fact this film ranks in my top 10-15ish Shaw Brothers film of all time, A really, really good horror film, with a fair amount of gore for a SB film.
    Agreed! Notably better than those two.

    The Boxer's Omen is actually a sequel to this film. In my books Bewitched and Boxer's Omen are equally good films. Bewitched works better as horror since it's a little less over the top while Boxer is more inventive with its awesome but sometimes silly effects. Both have the same theme and similar amounts of gore and nudity.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by 47lab View Post
    So this clears up the picture for the remaining releases in 88films Asia line. The "B" ended up being BEWITCHED, so that leaves the "T" as THE BRAVE ARCHER and now just need the "C"....since this turned out to be another Kuei Chih-hung title (along with KILLER CONSTABLE & HEX), I was thinking perhaps the "C" might end up being CORPSE MANIA? in addition to the popular choices of CHINESE BOXER and CRIPPLED AVENGERS.
    Damn , i think your right about Corpse Mania! Didnt think of it before.

    This horror stuff is boring me

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogart View Post
    Damn , i think your right about Corpse Mania! Didnt think of it before.

    This horror stuff is boring me
    yeah, I'm getting a little tired of it myself plus i feel that CORPSE MANIA wouldn't really benefit from a blu ray release since it will be similar to HEX with the source itself being soft & murky looking. But having said that, I would still prefer it over CHINESE BOXER and CRIPPLED AVENGERS since those are already available on blu ray in English friendly editions. I'll definitely be picking up BEWITCHED due to Melvin Wong's acting par excellence, a really underrated & underappreciated actor in my book.
    "only the simplest can accommodate the most complex"

  8. #88
    Administrator Ian Jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queens, NYC
    Posts
    44,566
    According to a post that CW made on twitter (found by way of this post here), it looks like 88 Films' Asia line might be branching out into Korean territory as well.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

  9. #89
    An Andalusian Dog enandalusiskhund's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Luleå, Sweden
    Posts
    1,201
    I just want to echo that Bewitched is indeed a fantastic film, one of the absolute best SB produced horror films, and just as good as the sequel Boxer's Omen. Bewitched is like non-stop slimy Thai black magic, with lots of crazy spells, so if that's your cup of tea you'll love it.
    Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    According to a post that CW made on twitter (found by way of this post here), it looks like 88 Films' Asia line might be branching out into Korean territory as well.
    According to Calum Waddell those four Korean films 88 picked up are all relatively recent (made after 2000) and will most likely not be included as part of the 88 Asia collection.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-10-2016, 03:51 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-10-2016, 03:49 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-08-2016, 02:57 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-15-2015, 10:41 AM
  5. Troma Releasing From Asia With Lust Vol. 1
    By Ian Jane in forum Asian
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-28-2015, 10:32 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •