Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Doctor Strange

Doctor Strange

Superhero burn out or not, I want to see this. Benedict Cumberbatch is a great choice for the role and I've always liked the character.

Name:  83604920160412092631.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  81.0 KB

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Having said all of that I don't think the trailer makes it look all that great.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Getting a bit of a BATMAN BEGINS kind of vibe from the trailer.....

Looks good. Going to be interesting to see how they incorporate magic in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

I like that it looks trippy like the original Ditko and 70s comics. The director has mostly done horror films of the Lionsgate ilk that I haven't seen so hard to say, usually it comes down to the director for these.

Oh shit! It's by the guy who directed Hellraiser 5. It's in good hands. Given the material, shooting it like a horror movie might be a good choice.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex K. View Post
    Oh shit! It's by the guy who directed Hellraiser 5. It's in good hands. Given the material, shooting it like a horror movie might be a good choice.
    Hellraiser 5 was a decent movie..especially since the HELLRAISER parts were tacked on at the last minute..

Slightly more worrying is the fact he was given a large budget to make a big sci fi flick before..and he gave us the Keanu Reeves DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL!!!

Hellraiser Inferno is my second favorite of the Hellraiser series. And the trailer looking like scenes out of the classis Ditko run is just another factor in why I must see this opening night.

Looks like it takes itself a bit too seriously. Will stick to watching Jeffrey Combs in Dr Mordrid, that's a great little movie.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

There's an interview with Mads Mikkelson here where he talks about the villain he'll be playing in the movie.

"He’s not a villain in that way – he’s a man who believes in something else than the hero", Mikkelsen said. "That doesn’t mean that he doesn’t want to make the planet look wonderful or he wants to save the world as well, but he has a different way of doing it. He is the antagonist, of course, but he’s not necessarily wrong".
    Rock! Shock! Pop!