Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Dorado Films Thread

The Official Dorado Films Thread

So now that these guys are starting to announce some interesting stuff, it's time for them to get their own thread.

They've recently announced that they have High Crime and are working on a release for that as well as a few other Eurocrime titles.

Then there are a few Eurospy movies in the pipeline and of course, the Spanish titles being talked about in the Franco thread.

This is also worth noting:

"Just in case some of you did not know, Dorado Films has a ROKU app, with about 70 films up for streaming. The quality is mostly from our broadcast tape collections, so they are not perfect in everyway,.. but they are up, and we do have great masters in house or available from the labs for every title on the app so if you check them out and a particular title is really sought after for DVD or BR let us know please. Dorado receives a percentage of income from the ads so even watching through 10 or 15 minutes helps out the war chest! Thanks Rick"

I checked it out last night and there is some cool stuff on there.

This label has pretty serious potential to knock a few of these out of the park and if you head over to their FB page they really seem to want feedback from fans.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

An Andalusian Dog enandalusiskhund's Avatar
    Wasn't High Crime announced years ago, with a very strange kickstarter campaign? Or am I thinking of another film? I've been waiting for High Crime ever since BU started releasing other films by Castellari, given up hope by now. Not even the Austrian labels have managed to get it out.
    Kristi kraft betvingar dig

BU had High Crime years ago when they released a Castellari box set but rights issues stopped them. I've never seen it and very much look forward to it.
    "Some roads you shouldn't go down."
    -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Fargo' (2014)

Quote Originally Posted by enandalusiskhund View Post
    Wasn't High Crime announced years ago, with a very strange kickstarter campaign? Or am I thinking of another film? I've been waiting for High Crime ever since BU started releasing other films by Castellari, given up hope by now. Not even the Austrian labels have managed to get it out.
    Yes they sort of did, they were planning on a Kickstarter campaign but I'm not sure they ever actually did one but the planning is here:

http://doradofilms.com/projects/high...or+blu-ray.php

I hope they do well but I'm not really holding my breath about any of this. They have been around for about 10 years now and seem to come and go during all that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    They've recently announced that they have High Crime and are working on a release for that as well as a few other Eurocrime titles.

Then there are a few Eurospy movies in the pipeline and of course, the Spanish titles being talked about in the Franco thread.

This is also worth noting:

"Just in case some of you did not know, Dorado Films has a ROKU app, with about 70 films up for streaming. The quality is mostly from our broadcast tape collections, so they are not perfect in everyway,.. but they are up, and we do have great masters in house or available from the labs for every title on the app so if you check them out and a particular title is really sought after for DVD or BR let us know please. Dorado receives a percentage of income from the ads so even watching through 10 or 15 minutes helps out the war chest! Thanks Rick"

I checked it out last night and there is some cool stuff on there.

This label has pretty serious potential to knock a few of these out of the park and if you head over to their FB page they really seem to want feedback from fans.
    We really do want fan feedback! And I'm glad you dug what you saw on our Roku channel!

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Wood View Post
    I hope they do well but I'm not really holding my breath about any of this. They have been around for about 10 years now and seem to come and go during all that time.
    I wasn't with the company ten years ago, so I can't speak to then, but I will say this about what we're doing now. We're being VERY aggressive with our plans for future releases, etc. I'll be producing the Dorado Films Podcast which will be launching very soon, so in addition to our Facebook page, we'll also be announcing releases and promoting our movies in the podcast as well.

I, personally, am VERY excited for our future at Dorado Films! If there are any questions I/we can help answer, please don't hesitate to ask! And if you are a Facebook user, please head over there and give us a Like! Thanks!

You have my blessing to post as many updates here as you want on upcoming titles - don't be shy!
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

From our Facebook page:

We are getting closer to getting the first double feature on the road to replication and eventual market! On behalf of all of here in Dorado Films, thank you for your continued messages and support. We feel that these double features will be good for you and for us, how much better can life be! We are discussing additional features, hopefully we can get these compiled with the help of some of your generous offers. We wish to continue having fan input and suggestions, no promises but always consideration. We are thinking about posting an interesting idea, just running it by some other sources to see if it is viable let you all in on it soon! Again, thanks from Dorado!

A view from our vault:

Last edited by monsterkidradio; 05-11-2016 at 06:18 PM.

I can't wait for more Euro films to make it to home video, I love these kinds of films, I will be grabbing these

An Andalusian Dog enandalusiskhund's Avatar
    Wohoo, I see a High Crime print!
    Kristi kraft betvingar dig