Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: The Official Dorado Films Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bogart View Post
    Thanks. Dorado needs to update their sales page then as it only lists english audio on all 3 !
    https://doradofilms.video/?upc=828637050041
    They are dubtitles, not translated from the Italian track.

An Andalusian Dog enandalusiskhund's Avatar
    Watched Special Cop in Action tonight. The film is awesome, with great car chases, violence and a simple but focused story that's never boring. Not so pleased with the Dorado release though. It seems to be taken from a beat up, faded and yellowed print with absolutely zero clean up or colour correction. Maybe I've become spoiled over the years, but I have no trouble with scratched up prints or small labels not doing big restorations for every little film out there. It's the lack of colour that's bothersome. Surely Dorado could've done something to try and grade it so it doesn't look like it's been in the sun for forty years? And worse than that, a deal breaker almost to me, the Italian language track is BADLY out of synch! I'm talking like with at least a half a second delay. This is a simple mistake, which would've been so easy to fix if they had some semblance of QC, but apparently nobody ever checked the test disc to see if the Italian soundtrack was alright. It's super frustrating, because to me inclusion of Italian audio is a big selling point, and I could've lived with the lackluster image quality. The subtitles are also horrible, with lots of typos and strange formating. I hope the other films have fared better.

If anybody wants it, Dorado are having a "secret sale" for their e-mail newsletter subscribers here. $30 with international shipping included is a great price.
    Kristi kraft betvingar dig

I watched the films recently too. I thought Weapons of Death is the better film but Special Cop in Action is very good as well, just the usual Maurizio Merli cheese-fest. I watched the English dub which played fine as when i started the italian track the subtitles seemed more hard to follow and i couldnt be bothered. I think the english dub would be my preferred choice when viewing these films anyway. I was fine with the way the films looked in HD, like viewing the prints themselves, very authentic and vintage feeling which suits these films. Overall i thought a very nice package. Some people want everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Bogart View Post
    I watched the films recently too. I thought Weapons of Death is the better film but Special Cop in Action is very good as well, just the usual Maurizio Merli cheese-fest. I watched the English dub which played fine as when i started the italian track the subtitles seemed more hard to follow and i couldnt be bothered. I think the english dub would be my preferred choice when viewing these films anyway. I was fine with the way the films looked in HD, like viewing the prints themselves, very authentic and vintage feeling which suits these films. Overall i thought a very nice package. Some people want everything!
    Not everything. Some basic color correction would have made a huge difference. This wasn't some bootleg being sold out of a garage. These guys are running a business. They aren't above critique.

It's not unreasonable to expect some kind of baseline quality when you pay $30 for a bluray. Dorado are a new company though, with a rather special business model, so I'm prepared to give them the benefit of a doubt next time. That'll be the last time I give them any money though, if they can't step up their game. I do love these old crime films, but I can't justify spending good money on subpar product, when there's so much other interesting stuff being released by companies who actually care about the films they're putting out. I may be a sucker, but unfortunately not a very rich sucker.

Gotta say though that Weapons of Death looks a lot better than Special Cop. Amazing film too. Unfortunately the audio problems are the same as on the other film. I think I own the German DVD of the third film in this set, The Counsellor, but I haven't watched it yet. Anybody seen both releases who could chime in with which one is better?

Update via FB:

Update release schedule as follows:

The Larraz Double Feature Bluray limited edition will be heading to replication on October 2nd, 2017 and is expected to be shipping out [finally] October 13, [Friday] through the 16th [Monday].

Truly sorry for the long delay on getting this one out, we have been required to make several changes on this release to still bring you a hopefully great collection for your library.

Due to the storm problems on the East coast [Florida in paticular], our distribution plans have been slightly but understandably changed a bit, and we do ask for your continued understanding.

The Jess Franco's Forgotten Films Vol. 2, has also been affected by our distribution, / replication delays, and is projected to be just a couple weeks late. We have everything pretty much ready to go on this one, wrapping up just a couple of loose ends before sending it off to be authored and replicated. Exact date will be posted as soon as we have our confirmation,but you can expect it during the end of October.

Our first Euro Western Bluray which we will announce the title this week, is expected to be a mid November release.

After we have gotten these releases finished and out the door, we will proceed to our next several long anticipated titles.

La Isla De La Muerte [Island of the Doomed]
    La Policia Incrimina, La Legge Assolve [High Crime]
    The Fantastic Argoman
    Una Pistola Para Ringo
    Knife of Ice
    El Pez De Los Ojos De Oro
    Jess Franco's Forgotten Films Vol. 3
    Explosive Euro Crime Vol. 2
    The Horrible Sexy Vampire doubled with ......
    Crimes of the Black Cat

And.........

[Not necessarily in this order of course]

We fully expect our 2018 year to be a fantastic one and with all the fans support we know it will be. The outsourcing companies
    with whom we have established relationships, will help us to move forward more quickly with future releases...

Thanks to all of you for your continued support and patience during these delays, and to our support staff who help bring these rare and entertaining movies your way

Best to all,

Rick
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

It's an interesting lineup they have coming. The true high point for me is probably High Crime. Knife of Ice is a good giallo from Lenzi, I own the Japanese DVD which IIRC isn't anamorphic. Will probably upgrade if it looks good.

I did a quick spotcheck comparison between The Counsellor on the eurocrime set and the one released in Germany by Film Art (I think), and the Dorado looks a lot better.

Another FB update:

Another quick update on status of our two pending releases.

The Larraz double feature is currently in its final authoring / replication stages and we expect the shipping will be happening just as soon as the final product is delivered to our distribution warehouse sometime within the next two business weeks. We have had our share of problems as you all know on this production, but fortunately we have had some great people step up and fill in for other lost commitments.

The Jess Franco's Forgotten Films Volume two has only a few features to wrap up and after we get the Larraz release out the door the JFV2 will be following its production to the authoring / replication people, we would estimate that it will be a late October to first week in Novemeber shipment.

On behalf of Dorado Films let me apologize again for the very long delay on the Larraz release. We have learned what to do, and what not to do, on this kind of a double feature release, and will not be making the same mistakes for upcoming releases.
    Our goal is and has been, to bring out some exciting releases, and in some of our enthusiasm we have made some very amateurish mistakes in getting them completed and out to you.

We will have a more structured approach going forward, and will provide you, the buyers of the presale editions, a direct link to the current status of each release so in a sense, your updates will be automatic and can be viewed weekly.

For an example of the new system, you can log onto the current presale of the Euro-western and see how its manager has implemented the changes that we will now have for any and all releases.

https://dorado-films.blogspot.com/search/label/Seven from Texas.
    https://doradofilms.video/

It has been a long process on the Larraz as I said, and again on behalf of Dorado Films thank you for your patience.

All the best

Rick
    DFI
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

It's why I stopped buying their limited editions, the wait is way too long.

Not getting discs out on time is not nearly this biggest issue for this company.