Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Dorado Films Thread

Just got mine. Sinister Eyes looks better than Silence of the Tomb IMO. Sharper and with a better HD look. Id agree the problem seems to be with the print used, the scan looks clean. On the whole im happy with this release, i was expecting worse from the screen grabs. Only thing was the menus seem to be a bit funky/slow to respond. The limited edition "numbering" (lol) is just printed on the inlay, not hand written.

For a first release Im happy enough with it , but if all their releases were taken from similar sources as Silence of the Tomb id have to reconsider. Maybe they could have twiddled some knobs or something and improved the look? I wont be pre-ordering any more due to the pricing as no doubt ill be able to get a general release version for around half the cost i paid to Dorado if i order smart and combine the shipping with other discs. The international postage for a single disc is a killer.
    Last edited by Bogart; 01-14-2017 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogart View Post
    On the whole im happy with this release, i was expecting worse from the screen grabs.
    Yes, he BD is okay for me, pretty much what I expected. I think this was the first Blu-ray for Dorado, right? Before release I red somewhere that an interview with Montserrat Prous will be on it. Pity that this didn't work out.

The general version seems already available at Dorado: http://doradofilms.com/store/828637050027BLUECASE/

I don't understand why if Dorado has the rights, they could not use the source Divisa used in Spain and used a crappy print instead?

Expect prints to be the main source for all Dorado Blu releases is what I am hearing.

I'm quite happy to be honest. The rightsholders who own the negatives to a lot of Frannco films are allegedly a nightmare to deal with, so just the fact that Dorado are eager to release these albeit prints gets my support. After all these would just be sitting in vaults otherwise and we could have been waiting for years. I would rather these be out there rather than bootlegs.

From Dorado's FB page:

Hello everyone!

Okay, here is a question that should pop some interest in our Vol. 2 Jess Franco's Forgotten Films on Bluray.
    We have decided on definitely having the first film be Camino Solitario.

For its doubled up feature, we have one of the three following choices to present for Vol. 2.

1. Las chicas del tanga
    2. ¿Cuánto cobra un espía?
    3. Juego sucio en Casablanca

We would like to showcase some of the wonderful works of Antonio Mayans and since he was in so many of Jess Franco films this is a great start.

I will have our team put up a survey for you the fans to help us decide which of these three titles gets put with Camino Soliatario. Please take note, we are only asking for one of these three so please no write ins.

We will announce some of the extra features we hope to bring out on Vol. 2 but first we want to select the 2nd film to move forward.

What do you think?

The survey will be up next week [by Wednesday] to determine which is a top choice for Vol. 2

Thanks,

Rick
    Vortice Mortale - The Lost Highway of Horror and Cult Film

Latest post: Spider (David Cronenberg, 2002)

Las chicas del tanga looks the most interesting to me

It is the best of the 3. Although, it would make a better pairing with Cobra is a spy as they are both comedies. To be honest It's Camino Solitario I'm really interested in here and I would be more than happy if it had a standalone release, but as they say the more Franco the better.

Vortice Mortale - The Lost Highway of Horror and Cult Film

Latest post: Spider (David Cronenberg, 2002)

Looks like this is in the works from Dorado as well!

Name:  16002973_10155089081770809_5109584742190787115_n.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  42.9 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Great Cover!