Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Scream Factory / Arrow Releasing Carpenter's The Thing

I dont know, maybe im just a grouch but actual good releases of good films are few and far between. There is an awful lot of trash being released and there is a horrible "fan" culture around at the moment fixated on packaging. People who have seen collectors editions live, breathe and die on other formats just roll their eyes and shrug, lol. Also there is a sheep-ish label following instigated by the likes of blu-ray.com and too many sweaty 20 year old nerds who should stick to the super hero films to be honest polluting up the air waves and putting me off my dinner.

***THE THING RELEASE UPDATES***

It is official, our THE THING release has been our biggest ever announcement - so big that our very own website collapsed under the force of this beast!

We really appreciate all the feedback you’ve provided in relation to this title over the last few days and we are taking all your points on board. As a result of all your comments, we’ve reviewed our print run and are pleased to announce that we will be upping the replication of THE THING Limited Edition set from 4,000 to 6,000. The SteelBook will remain limited to 4,000. We are also keeping a close eye on all orders coming in (as will our retail partners) and excessive multiple orders will be cancelled to ensure as many of our dedicated fans can get hold of this release as possible. Lastly, all current pre-orders that have been placed will be fulfilled so do order with confidence!

If you haven’t yet, you can still pre-order the Limited Edition set and SteelBook from Amazon via the links below…
    Pre-order the Limited Edition set via Amazon here: http://amzn.to/2v9zMjx
    Pre-order the SteelBook edition via Amazon here: http://amzn.to/2v9XhsN

Once again we can only apologise for the bumpy ride this weekend and want to thank you all for your endless patience and support over the weekend, we really appreciate it!

Team Arrow
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Standard Arrow edition coming in Nov.

Format: Blu-ray
    Starring: Kurt Russell, Wilford Brimley, Keith David
    Directed by: John Carpenter

Synopsis:
    THE ULTIMATE IN ALIEN TERROR
    Over the years, star Kurt Russell and master of horror John Carpenter have teamed up on a multitude of films (Big Trouble in Little China and Escape from New York to name a few) but of all their collaborations, 1982 s horror/sci-fi amalgam The Thing surely tops the list.

A research team based out in the snowy wilds of Antarctica find themselves besieged by a terrifying, shape-shifting creature which has found its way into their base. When it becomes clear that the creature can take the form of any organism it so chooses, the tension within the team reaches breaking point any one of them could be... The Thing.

Critically panned at the time of its release, John Carpenter’s The Thing has rightly gone on to become one of the most celebrated sci-fi horror efforts ever made now newly restored by Arrow Video in a stunning 4K transfer supervised by Carpenter and director of photography Dean Cundey.

BLU-RAY SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:

• Brand new restoration from a 4K scan of the original negative, supervised and approved by director John Carpenter and director of photography Dean Cundey
    • High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
    • Original Mono and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
    • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
    • Audio commentary by John Carpenter and actor Kurt Russell
    • Who Goes There? In Search of The Thing an all-new feature length documentary produced by Ballyhoo Motion Pictures exploring the history of The Thing, from the original novella to John Carpenter's terrifying science fiction classic. Featuring new interviews with the cast and crew, as well as authors, historians, and critics
    • 1982: One Amazing Summer an all-new retrospective documentary produced by Ballyhoo Motion Pictures about the unforgettable films released in the summer of 1982
    • John Carpenter's The Thing: Terror Takes Shape archive documentary on the background and production of the film
    • Vintage Featurettes
    • Outtakes
    • Behind-the-scenes
    • Trailers, Teasers, TV and Radio Spots
    • Still Galleries
    • Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Gary Pullin

DETAILS:
    RRP: £24.99 £17.99
    Region: B
    Rating: 18
    Cat No: FCD1616
    Duration: 109 mins
    Language: English
    Subtitles: English SDH
    Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
    Audio: DTS-HD
    Discs: 1
    Colour

Name:  thing.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  35.0 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Today I ordered the standard ed. from Arrow UK. The screenshots look really good so I'm curious as hell to see it in motion. A couple of the shots from the SF look better but more of the Arrow transfer look 'natural' without any processing. I'm hoping Arrow doesn't cancel the order due to my being in the U.S.; I think I read posts from Americans who have ordered directly from them for code B releases.

An Andalusian Dog enandalusiskhund's Avatar
    I watched it the other night. Looks bloody awesome, and such a crazy good film, truly one of the greats. It's one of the few films I never get bored of rewatching, kind of like Alien and Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Even though I know every line and camera angle, it still manages to be such a tense and effective horror film every time I watch it.
    Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!

Vortice Mortale - The Lost Highway of Horror and Cult Film

Latest post: Cold Heaven (Nicolas Roeg, 1991)