Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 343515253

Thread: A thread about Doctor Who

Rewatched The Deadly Assassain yesterday for the first time in a long while. Is it the best classic Doctor Who episode? Could well be... The scenes in The Matrix were my introduction to surreal horror as a kid. I don't know how old I was when the clown in the mirror gave me a jolt. I'm guessing I was quite young but there's plenty in there to unnerve even an older child. Those scenes hold up very nicely 30 years later.
    "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

The festive special was fine. I suppose. Unexceptional. Not festive and in no way special. But fine. What was a worry though was that they seemed to be laying the groundwork for a Yaz/Doctor romance. Holy shit. It's like Chibnall's sitting there trying to work out new ways to piss people off.

Allow me to prematurely rant ( because hopefully this goes nowhere).

I'm not okay with human doctor romances. It's one of the reasons I largely bypassed the Davies era. The Moffatt approach that the young female companions could be besotted with the doctor but that just made him uncomfortable I could handle. I prefer an entirely sexless tardis but that was sorta fun. River Song I can give a pass to as she was kind of, sort of, a time lord. But not fucking Yaz. The least interesting companion the doctors ever had. I won't have it I tell ya. Christ if Chibnall's not happy with the diversity that he currently has with two female doctors, one of them black, and needs to also make the doctor a lesbian can we at least bring back Bill Potts for her to be lesbian with? Bill had spunk. As mentioned, I don't hold with Doctor/human relationships but I can totally see why she'd go Bill. But fucking Yaz... I mean really.
    "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

I agree with the special. Thought it was okay but nothing special. Nice to see it back on the air though.

I also tend to agree about romances with the Doctor and the companions, it really should be avoided but television likes to have romances. Since it appears that Whittaker will be leaving at the end of the season (have no idea why the stick to a 3 year cycle with the Doctors), I'm not sure if there is a romance angle will mean much.