Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dexter Thread

The Dexter Thread

From Bloody Disgusting:

The explosively popular “Dexter” is back with a vengeance for a sixth season of startling suspense and unexpected twists. It’s been a year since last season’s shocking and heartbreaking conclusion, and mild mannered criminologist-cum-grisly serial killer Dexter Morgan has come to terms with who he is. But his existence is shattered when he crosses paths with an enemy unlike any he’s faced before. A delusional religious zealot with unflinching convictions, this new adversary soon draws Dexter into a dangerous game that could well end in disaster.

I didn't think season five was a particularly strong one but I'm curious to see where six goes. We watch this on Blu, not TV, so we're a season behidn. haha.

Name:  Dexter_Season6_Blu_51612.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  57.9 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Season Six was definitely a step up...it HAD to be, after the mess that was Season 5...but it was still pretty weak. Those two seasons, with John Lithgow and Jimmy Smitts, were friggin' AMAZING. I'd like to see them pull something like that off for Season 7.

The John Lithgow season WAS great. Keith Carradine was awesome.
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Tolch View Post
    Season Six was definitely a step up...it HAD to be, after the mess that was Season 5...but it was still pretty weak. Those two seasons, with John Lithgow and Jimmy Smitts, were friggin' AMAZING. I'd like to see them pull something like that off for Season 7.
    Yeah, 5 sucked big time. I was behind and doing the earlier seasons while that aired. I heard everyone talk about how great Julia Stiles was. I said, "I hate that bitch, man." "Oh no, you'll like her in this." Nope. I thought 6 was really good. Colin Hanks did a great job and there was some pretty sweet set pieces. I can't pick out my favorite, even though 3 and 4 ruled. 1 was awesome and new and fresh. 2 had Lila, and my loins vote for that one.
    7's gotta be something special. If it's not bitchrad, we'll be let down.

So many people said, "If you say Julia Stiles sucks, you'll be taking it back after you see this." Uh, no. She was terrible and ruined everything.

I didn't think the problem was her acting, I thought the problem was the direction they took the character in. I didn't buy it, not because I felt she was bad in the part but because I felt she was poorly written and crammed into the storyline more or less because people would say 'Hey look, Julia Stiles is in Dexter this season.'
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    I didn't think the problem was her acting, I thought the problem was the direction they took the character in. I didn't buy it, not because I felt she was bad in the part but because I felt she was poorly written and crammed into the storyline more or less because people would say 'Hey look, Julia Stiles is in Dexter this season.'
    that may have been part of it...but I'll disagree on you not thinking that the problem was her acting. Take that character and put it in any Julia Stiles movie, you get the same thing. She's pretty much completely devoid of emotion.

I don't remember Julie Stiles getting raped and killing people in any of her other movies though... so I'm not sure I agree that you could put that character in any of her mother movies. Then, I haven't seen much of her stuff, so I could very well be talking out of my ass here.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    I don't remember Julie Stiles getting raped and killing people in any of her other movies though... so I'm not sure I agree that you could put that character in any of her mother movies. Then, I haven't seen much of her stuff, so I could very well be talking out of my ass here.
    well no, i don't mean that the character would fit in to any of her films, duh. I mean that her style of acting is the same whether she's playing a virginal, studious high school girl, a competitive dancer, or a rape victim who ends up killing people. You get the same range of emotion, and it's displayed in exactly the same way.